News:

Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recent posts

Turning Wrenches / Re: Help with my left cylinder
Last post by RDDave - Today at 07:50:09 AM
I have changed the intakes and have adjusted and readjusted the carbs all kinds of ways. Does anyone know what the typical temp range of the cylinders should be? Although the temps are different between the cylinders, their temps are very consistent. It will be a few days before I can get back to working on the bike, but I want to swap that left carb and see if that has an effect. I appreciate all the tips and suggestions. Thanks!
General Chatter / Re: Mark Atkinson Speed of che...
Last post by JBeasty - Today at 02:39:05 AM
This guy cut a Daytona head perfectly in half for me - for free! So talented and generous. Never actually spoke to him, communication was all by email. This makes me sad.
Last post by 747drvr - May 16, 2024, 11:51:55 PM
may have hairline cracks in intake manifold. one of my bikes had the same issue :umm:  :umm:
General Chatter / Re: Mark Atkinson Speed of che...
Last post by Kawtriplefreak - May 16, 2024, 10:42:58 PM
Sad news indeed.
Last post by Striker1423 - May 16, 2024, 10:03:43 PM
Air screw setting? Double check that too.
Last post by RDDave - May 16, 2024, 09:54:42 PM
Already changed coils and went with Iridium plugs. That helped a lot with some other issues but had no effect on the temp difference.

I think the next thing I try is to clean up that spare carb, check it out, and swap it on to see if that does anything. I have even swapped the left pipe. The carb and cylinder/piston are about the only things left to swap.

The left cylinder is typically about 190* while the right is about 230*. I don't know which is more 'normal'. I have concentrated on the left because it has killed plugs and the plugs and rear tip of the exhaust pipe are a bit oily. Unlike the right.
Show Off / Re: New to the Herd
Last post by SoCal250 - May 16, 2024, 09:45:28 PM
Nice score Jim! Those are fun bikes! That's a really nice looking one.

I've worked on a few of them over the years. I just had one here a couple months ago that I was repairing for a guy (carb rebuild, oil pump rebuild, new clutch, electrical troubleshoot).
72YamahaCS5_2024-03-30_pickup_2.jpg

At 7K miles you might want to check the brushes (there are 4). The ones on this bike, which has a few more miles than yours (9500) were toast.
General Chatter / Re: Fuel line question
Last post by m in sc - May 16, 2024, 09:41:43 PM
i run the blue urethane from parts unlimited, i get 5-6 years out of them, some more.
Turning Wrenches / Re: White RZ blow up #2
Last post by m in sc - May 16, 2024, 09:40:13 PM
my vito's crank checked out to .0002", i was pretty happy with that TBH. ;) especially since RIGHT ON THAT PAGE: "Please check our dealers if we are out of stock: Vito's Performance and West Coast Atv."  :dawg: I'd bet dollars to donuts they all roll out of the same factory . and 100% for sure thats the same crank vitos sells.

maybe 10 years ago id be leery.. but i've also heard bad things about the reproduction acrd cyls.. know 3 bikes 1st hand running them, zero issues.
General Chatter / Fuel line question
Last post by Striker1423 - May 16, 2024, 09:31:51 PM
My yellow "tygon" line has gone hard as a rock and I'm getting sick of replacing it. Any ideas as to a fuel line that lasts more than a season?