News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

Recent posts

It's been for sale continuously since it was first listed on CL locally in mid-2021 :rolleyes:
Started off at $5900 in May 2021, then jumped to $10.5K or $11.5K in June. Around that time the mileage also changed from 17K to 11K to 10.5K. He was advertising it as a "Survivor" and saying it only needed a little bit to get it running again because it had holed a piston.
That thing not only has ugly all over it, but it's dripping with sketchiness.
YOURS for just $6995!
Turning Wrenches / Re: Suzuki GT185 alternator
Last post by m in sc - Today at 07:10:57 PM
it looks like the 1st pic has bosses to tap if you wanted to go that way like the one on the left. thats what i would do. make the new cases match the original one.

I havent had a GT185 since about 1997 so, my memory is fuzzy on specifics.
Turning Wrenches / Suzuki GT185 alternator
Last post by car91r - Today at 06:46:17 PM
Picked up a 1975 GT185 in decent running condition. When checking why the shifter movement was so stiff, found that the cases were broken on the left side. As if it threw a chain through the cases. All kinds of damage. Someone tried to epoxy repair but there was too much damage to correct the shifting problem. I bought another complete engine with good cases. Stripped it all down to clean up and noticed that generator was different on the 2 engines. The stator mounts inside the cases on one and outside the cases on the other. My question is, do all alternator parts interchange? Do I need to keep the same armature with the stator? The armature that came with the new engine may be damaged and didn't come with the stator.
It's been posted for a year now. The price just keeps dropping.
talk about a bad penny. lol. how much they asking for that turd now?
It is
is it the green daytona? im not part of that group
Turning Wrenches / carb reversion effect vid
Last post by m in sc - Today at 03:00:38 PM
this shows it well. .08-.09 mark

https://fb.watch/spRTz9dwRV/

and thats why flat backed filters fuck everything up.