News:

Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Chatter / Re: RIP Frame Maker
Last post by svgarage - Today at 05:16:58 PM
Last Summer, Julian and a small group of us Yamaha 2-stroke bikes had a great ride up and down one of the local mountain roads. Afterwards we all mustered at his house, where he pulled out some of his masterpiece motorcycles in a show-and-tell of sorts. All his creations had a story to tell. A couple of months ago, he invited me to his shop to show me where all the magic happens. Such a brilliant mind! And he was so open and sharing. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. I'm going to miss him. RIP Julian.
Turning Wrenches / Re: Pro-X piston ring question
Last post by rdsarefun - Today at 12:13:39 PM
Hi Mark,  I made a typo when I took a pic and placed the rings on the instructions.  I have these installed correctly as the ring land on the piston prevents a mismatch.  I kept the expander out.  See below in italics:

I made a typo though, the second ring is thicker, wanted to clarify for future reference  Second ring is .059",  top ring is .046"
Last post by m in sc - Today at 08:12:14 AM
you sure thats right? typically the wider ring (more cross section) is the top ring. the one oyu have labeled as 'top' is thinner to make room for the expander but if its marked that way.. ? weird.

id do a compression check after 2-3 heat cycles see where you are.
Last post by busa1300 - Today at 04:09:57 AM
Very sorry to hear that.
I had first seen the bikes he was building on the customfighters forum many years ago, and seriously impressed then by the bikes he was thinking up. Hopefully he wasn't suffering long.
Last post by pdxjim - Today at 01:16:45 AM
This just blows my mind.

Riding dirtbikes has always seemed so safe compared to street riding.

Although we never met, Julian seemed like such a nice and incredibly talented soul.

Each day we have here on Earth together is a blessing not to be taken for granted.
Last post by rdsarefun - May 19, 2024, 08:26:14 PM
Fired it up today, engine seems very lethargic as compared to before. Let it warm up 5 minutes, going to retorque cylinder head to 15 ft pounds and then run again, set timing.  Head was modified (squish band),  assuming I need to readjust timing.
Show Off / Re: Gap pics ,, killboy, from ...
Last post by SoCal250 - May 19, 2024, 01:05:47 PM
Cool pics :thumbs: Looks like a good time
Show Off / Re: Gap pics ,, killboy, from ...
Last post by msr - May 19, 2024, 10:21:31 AM
Sweeeeet. I bought one of the 400 I need to put up here.
1 pilot jet for $46.00!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276471647811
New OEM Yamaha 367-14342-22-00 Pilot Jet #44 NOS
"Pilot Jet #44 is new and in good condition, not in original packaging."
US $45.99/ea

The # 48 is only $35.00 :rolleyes:
New OEM Yamaha 396-14342-24-00 Pilot Jet #48 NOS
US $34.99
Last post by SoCal250 - May 18, 2024, 04:14:53 PM
Wow, this is terrible and very sad news. Ken, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your friend. He was an amazing guy. My condolences to his friends and family.