News:

Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Chatter / Re: Mark Atkinson Speed of che...
Last post by JBeasty - Today at 02:39:05 AM
This guy cut a Daytona head perfectly in half for me - for free! So talented and generous. Never actually spoke to him, communication was all by email. This makes me sad.
Turning Wrenches / Re: Help with my left cylinder
Last post by 747drvr - May 16, 2024, 11:51:55 PM
may have hairline cracks in intake manifold. one of my bikes had the same issue :umm:  :umm:
Last post by Kawtriplefreak - May 16, 2024, 10:42:58 PM
Sad news indeed.
Last post by Striker1423 - May 16, 2024, 10:03:43 PM
Air screw setting? Double check that too.
Last post by RDDave - May 16, 2024, 09:54:42 PM
Already changed coils and went with Iridium plugs. That helped a lot with some other issues but had no effect on the temp difference.

I think the next thing I try is to clean up that spare carb, check it out, and swap it on to see if that does anything. I have even swapped the left pipe. The carb and cylinder/piston are about the only things left to swap.

The left cylinder is typically about 190* while the right is about 230*. I don't know which is more 'normal'. I have concentrated on the left because it has killed plugs and the plugs and rear tip of the exhaust pipe are a bit oily. Unlike the right.
Show Off / Re: New to the Herd
Last post by SoCal250 - May 16, 2024, 09:45:28 PM
Nice score Jim! Those are fun bikes! That's a really nice looking one.

I've worked on a few of them over the years. I just had one here a couple months ago that I was repairing for a guy (carb rebuild, oil pump rebuild, new clutch, electrical troubleshoot).
72YamahaCS5_2024-03-30_pickup_2.jpg

At 7K miles you might want to check the brushes (there are 4). The ones on this bike, which has a few more miles than yours (9500) were toast.
General Chatter / Re: Fuel line question
Last post by m in sc - May 16, 2024, 09:41:43 PM
i run the blue urethane from parts unlimited, i get 5-6 years out of them, some more.
Turning Wrenches / Re: White RZ blow up #2
Last post by m in sc - May 16, 2024, 09:40:13 PM
my vito's crank checked out to .0002", i was pretty happy with that TBH. ;) especially since RIGHT ON THAT PAGE: "Please check our dealers if we are out of stock: Vito's Performance and West Coast Atv."  :dawg: I'd bet dollars to donuts they all roll out of the same factory . and 100% for sure thats the same crank vitos sells.

maybe 10 years ago id be leery.. but i've also heard bad things about the reproduction acrd cyls.. know 3 bikes 1st hand running them, zero issues.
General Chatter / Fuel line question
Last post by Striker1423 - May 16, 2024, 09:31:51 PM
My yellow "tygon" line has gone hard as a rock and I'm getting sick of replacing it. Any ideas as to a fuel line that lasts more than a season?
Last post by Striker1423 - May 16, 2024, 09:28:32 PM
That's terrible!