Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

How to get a title without using one of the title companies

Started by H1Pete, February 20, 2019, 03:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

There was one person ahead of me in line today at the VA DMV. The lady who waited on me said I remember you; you are the guy with the old bikes, then she got the big yellow book out and verified that VT is a non-title state. 10 minutes and $140 later I have a VA tag good for one month until my new Antique tag arrives in the mail and a VA title :metal: :metal: :metal:

pidjones

"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Kawtriplefreak

I got my permanent VA Antique tag and registration in the mail yesterday. All told it was about $280 in fees and well worth the effort.

Srhiskx

Just saw as of July 1st 2023 the Vermont title deal is done. They got tired of stolen cars being flipped thru Vermont and the state shut it down.
 I heard South Dakota easy.

rvt2002

Quote from: Srhiskx on July 13, 2023, 09:36:04 PMJust saw as of July 1st 2023 the Vermont title deal is done. They got tired of stolen cars being flipped thru Vermont and the state shut it down.
 I heard South Dakota easy.

:sad:  :sad:  :sad: where the go to now?

Redleader

Has there been any updates for this?
Have an old bike that needs a title, and don't know where to go anymore.

rearwheelslider

I resurrected my bike from the dead, last registered in 1985. I have no title or proof of ownership. The bike needs a VIN verification by CHP, and of course I paid the state their $200.

The vermont deal is no longer.

I looked into plating a newer two stroke dirt bike. South Dakota and Montana are the states where an out of state owner can plate a bike in their states. For a fee, the third party company will create an LLC on your behalf and take your info to the DMV and get you a plate for a motorcycle. Cost is $400-500.
1979 RD400F Daytona with Wicked chambers, Y boot, PWK30mm's.
1982 CB900F
2008 Speed Triple 1050
2001 CR250R