News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Garage Storage

Started by RattlecanResto, June 07, 2020, 05:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal250

Any feedback regarding the RF interference mentioned in some reviews of those Barrina lights? Losing the ability to listen to the radio would be a deal breaker!
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

RattlecanResto

Quote from: SoCal250 on July 25, 2020, 03:21:03 PM
Any feedback regarding the RF interference mentioned in some reviews of those Barrina lights? Losing the ability to listen to the radio would be a deal breaker!
This is a legit issue. I rarely listen to the radio, but when I do I stream from phone, laptop, etc. However, I have noticed the garage door opener remote is seeing some interference. Still works, but range is reduced and sometimes have to give it a couple tries before it works when these lights are on. Should clean up with some noise cancelling filters. I will see what I can find.

m in sc

interesting. the box of these just showed up yesterday. wonder if a ferrite choke will do it? have a box of those.

RattlecanResto

RF interference from the LED lights has continued to cause a problem with my garage door opener remotes. Due to the way I installed the lights I really couldn't add ferrite chokes (I'm pretty sure that would work) so I started looking for other options such as inline RF filters when I came across this:
https://store.geniecompany.com/products/universal-garage-door-opener-remote-upgrade-conversion-kit
This kit is designed to overcome RF interference. I have to say it worked perfect and we are no longer experiencing any issues with the garage door remotes.

SoCal250

I finally picked up some of those Barrina lights. I got the 8 pack and so far I've got 4 of them mounted and tied into the existing wall switch. These things are great! Next to figure out where to put up the other 4.  :thumbs:

And I no longer listed to FM radio any more due to the incessant commercials, so that not an issue. Only internet tunes now
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

as a side note ive never had any interference w the garage door opener or a radio (but rare i listen). been up since sept last year.  I have 12 up in the garage.. its great.  :toot: