Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

TZ style dry clutch cover for RD

Started by mavguy, August 18, 2020, 01:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mavguy

I believe Fondseca was producing these but dont think they do so now.any place else to get these......thanks.

rodneya

Check Metmechex swingarms in England.

stresa

@mavguy
They were manufactured by a german guy, even with the kickstarter hole.
I am in the process of getting one made. I know the guy who do them very well. He does the long shaft for useing the RD400 gears also(which I already have). If you want I can provide you with his contact details.
Regards Uwe
81 Jackson Special 250, 2x 74 Yamaha RD250 racer + 1 street racer, 78 Yamaha RD400, 72 R5/RD350, 74 RD250 dirttracker street, 75 Yapol TZ250, 89 Honda RS125,
80 Hejira TM250, RD375/3, 77 Höpfner-TD3, 76 RD/TD3,
74 Yamaha TZ/RD250A, 78 Siroko TZ250, 75 Bakker TZ350B, Tomic 200, Waddon Rotax125

Dxrat

I just installed one that I bought from fondseca. There's a few pics in the show off section in my magazine shoot thread. Pics are at the end.

Dxrat

85RZwade

So Dxrat, what's the dry clutch like? I've ridden a couple of Ducatis with dry clutches, but never had the opportunity for a back to back comparison on the same machine.
I post waayyy too much

Czakky

Dxrat

Quote from: 85RZwade on August 22, 2020, 10:22:34 AM
So Dxrat, what's the dry clutch like? I've ridden a couple of Ducatis with dry clutches, but never had the opportunity for a back to back comparison on the same machine.

I'll be able to tell you in a couple days hopefully. This has been a nightmare to get going actually. The last issue was my center hub wasn't true so I ordered another one from England. I finally have all the parts to reassemble it but need the time.

Seizer

Hey Dave,
I would like to start collecting bits to try this myself. Any chance you could start a thread or list what parts are needed and where to source?
Thanks man!

Dxrat

Quote from: Seizer on August 23, 2020, 12:02:05 AM
Hey Dave,
I would like to start collecting bits to try this myself. Any chance you could start a thread or list what parts are needed and where to source?
Thanks man!

You know what, I contacted Vince at Fondseca and said make me a kit with everything I need. I took the easy way out for once.

Seizer

Dvsrd

Quote from: Dxrat on August 23, 2020, 12:19:04 AM
You know what, I contacted Vince at Fondseca and said make me a kit with everything I need. I took the easy way out for once.
Any rough cost estimate? I guess it was a TZ cover and afternarket clutch?

Dxrat

Quote from: Dvsrd on August 23, 2020, 05:47:16 AM
Quote from: Dxrat on August 23, 2020, 12:19:04 AM
Any rough cost estimate? I guess it was a TZ cover and afternarket clutch?

m in sc

i so need to do this to the lc hybrid & truly finish my poor mans tz project.  :toot: Id be interested in $ as well. last time i think i looked was in the 1500-1800 range for everything? ish?

Striker1423

Quote from: m in sc on August 24, 2020, 03:37:53 PM
i so need to do this to the lc hybrid & truly finish my poor mans tz project.  :toot: Id be interested in $ as well. last time i think i looked was in the 1500-1800 range for everything? ish?

:ups: