Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

HPI ignition install

Started by turtle, March 24, 2019, 10:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

im pretty sure i used the marks to the right, not the left to line it up.    :umm:

1976RD400C

'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

m in sc

then again i could be wrong.  :dawg:  :whistle: - my bad

(its been a while)

2t Fan

any videos of a RD with HPI igy to see the headlight power :umm:

2t Fan

Quote from: 2t Fan on September 17, 2022, 05:13:24 AM
any videos of a RD with HPI igy to see the headlight power :umm:
https://photos.imageevent.com/supertune/mikemrd350/20191103_202604.mp4

found this after a search/ thx

But which LED bulb is used here  :umm: :whatever:

4schizzle

Hello all,

Got the HPI flywheel and stator installed. I also timed the bike. I timed the left (clutch) side cylinder. Do I need to do anything for the other cylinder?

4schizzle

Timing mark for left cylinder

m in sc

nope. you time one side its ready to go.  :olaf:

4schizzle

niteowl

I'm  installing one of these on a bare minimum type bike. Led Head, tail and brake light and acewell gage. All seem to be dc voltage. Can I just use a regulator of some type on yellow wire before a fuse block and no battery? I'm  not great with electrics, thanks

m in sc

that exaclty how i did the lightweight. just used a trailtech 2 wire regulator and floated ground on the hpi. one lead went to headlight, other went to tail/brake.

gargantua350

Also careful how you mount the trail tech regulator.  I floated the ground but I was still measuring low ohms(continuity) between the ungrounded AC volts line and frame ground.  The trail tech regulator housing is internally tied to the low side of the regulator.  If you mount on an area on the bike that has low resistance to frame ground, it will short out.  I used nylon block as an isolator to mount the regulator.

I have used several LED bulbs in the tail light and the best and the brightest I have installed are the super brite 1157s I found at autozone. 

m in sc

mines bolted right to the frame, no issues  :umm: . one leg of the regulator goes to 1 ac leg, the other to the other ac leg.

niteowl

This is where I get confused. Floating grounds, 2 legs?

m in sc

yes.

theres a write-up in chucks section i think how he did it.  Ive been running mine like that for 4 or 5? years now. no issues. the headlight flickers a bit at idle but thats it.