News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

R5 Mashup

Started by RustyRD, October 10, 2021, 09:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

new pistons made it in today.  off to John to perform the work.

RustyRD

Well I have to say work was unfun however I had the chance to meet John Ritter during my Tennessee tour and boy what a treat. I returned home today with treats in my mailbox, new ignition from Treatland . Items arrived quickly.

85RZwade

I've not met the illustrious Mr Ritter, but I have dealt with Treatland. Great outfit, aren't they?
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

I agree, they processed the order and got it out the door. Thanks again for the tip Wade.

RustyRD

Today was a good day for the progress of my R5 project. Mr. Ritter has performed his work on my RD400 cylinders and heads, I really enjoy seeing quality workmanship, and what a delight. Wossner pistons and some Ritter work. Just need more money  :bang:

RustyRD

well all I can say it has been hella good week, and the cherry on top is the 400 crankshaft that John Ritter rebuilt, arriving at the house today.
If you need crank work jump in quick, he is lining up work now.  Hard not to be excited about quality workmanship :olaf: :metal:

TPR5

RustyRD

RustyRD

I could not leave well enough alone, I sent the rd400 cylinders and pistons and heads back to John for more aggressive port work. I received Carbs today, I went with Keihin PWK 35's. Now it's time to clean off a bench and organize to start the reassembly of the engine.

85RZwade

More aggressive port work and 35s? Better order a longer swingarm.
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

Wade, that takes all the fun out of it :celebrate: can you say mouse trap? LOL. I agree, This engine may find its way into my RD with ninja suspension swap, the swing arm is longer on that setup. swap the 350 engine to the R5 project. I am having fun with the possibilities. :righteous:

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

started to round up all the items to assemble the RD400 engine for the R5 build. I am sure that something is missing somewhere but I will find out when final assembly occurs. John performed some port work and head rework for a spirited machine.

RustyRD

here is a side by side of RD reed cage and a YZ85 reed cage. cylinders have been opened up for  the yz cage.

RustyRD

Checking the cache of parts I have been collecting over the past few months, and hoping it all there :umm: any way the reassembly is underway.