Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Rack

Started by RDFL, October 27, 2021, 05:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDFL

m in sc

interesting. indian, so would def fit a radjoot. Not sure of the back end differences between those and 73-75's. almost worth it to to just try out.

Striker1423

I saw these and thought it might be worth a try too. I dunno. These racks are shorter and fit over the taillight, Also it seems like it has a spring-tension holder of some sort on it.

m in sc

ive seen those spring clamps on other racks, different bikes. looks like a big ass mouse trap but i could see where they would be useful.  wouldnt mind one on the r5 actually. the old school one i have is wayyy too long IMHO.

m in sc

i threw in an offer. If they bite i'll buy. Im not expecting anything great at 50 ish bucks especially out of India, but sometimes you get lucky. 

pidjones

IMHO, a rear rack is the most useful add-on to a daily driver. Add a long bungee wrapped around it and you can strap most anything to it.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

RDFL

I would imagine plating probably very thin, but rack itself strong enough.

RDFL

Quote from: pidjones on October 28, 2021, 04:49:20 PM
IMHO,. Add a long bungee wrapped around it and you can strap most anything to it.
And a net.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/283950475238

m in sc

yup. note the purple net.  :haw:

m in sc

ok, they countered at 50, so 53 bucks shipped order is in. this should be interesting. Prob shop up in a month or less.  :whistle:

Milan

Any chance these would fit on a 400F?

The rear cowl flips with the seat, so probably not.

I am in the process of designing one for the 400F, as to allow the seat & cowl to still flip.

M

m in sc

i very seriously doubt it. hell, they may not actually fit an rd350  :dawg:

85RZwade

I look forward to its arrival and pictures, so the inevitable "nice rack" jokes can begin.
I post waayyy too much

Kawtriplefreak

I think I want one too..

m in sc

fyi:

Estimated delivery Tue, Nov 16 - Mon, Dec 20

:dawg: