Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Expansion Chamber from Indonesia

Started by jradnich, October 14, 2023, 12:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jradnich

I ordered a pipe for my 79 DT125 from Indonesia. It was $270 with shipping, It only took 16 days from ordering to get it. The pipe is stainless steel, welds and construction look good.
I inquired about RD pipes. He sent some pictures for both AC and LC bikes. His RD pipes have manifolds and slip in pipes, not a solid flange like the DT pipe.
The seller deals through Facebook, name Kenzo Knalpot Racing. He's also on Instagram.

m in sc

hm it actually showed up. interesting, ive seen the ads.

rodneya

Looks pretty good. The guy who welded that did a neat job.
Ive seen a lot of complaints about the indonesian pipes regarding design and quality and welds cracking, but never from anybody who actually owned a pipe or has any evidence of the issues. 

Deadly Ed Lee

Alright, someone finally bit the bullet.  Can you post up a sound clip when you get them installed?

jradnich

I had some time to try installing the pipe this morning...and it doesn't fit. I'm going to have to contact the seller to see what he will do to correct this problem.

2 Smoker

LMS

Thats the common theme in regard to these sellers on FB. Pipes look great, but none seem to fit right.
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

oxford

SoCal250

Oof! That bites that it doesn't fit. It looks awesome! Hope you can get a solution
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

jradnich

Quote from: oxford on October 17, 2023, 05:30:06 PMCurious what the fitment issues are?
The header pipe hits the downtube of the frame and is still 1" from the exhaust port. The mounting tab isn't even close to the mounting location on the frame. Stinger seems wrong too. I think he sent the wrong pipe.

I have tried contacting him, no response and he was right there to respond when I inquired about buying one. I did pay through PayPal so maybe they can help.

I didn't have much choice. I haven't seen any other options out there for a 79 DT125. I tried Dogster, no luck there.

m in sc

2 Smoker

Every time I look at this exhaust it makes sad that it did not fit, when I seen it I wanted one for my 75 DT175 :bang:

jradnich

jradnich

Quote from: 2 Smoker on October 19, 2023, 05:56:33 PMEvery time I look at this exhaust it makes sad that it did not fit, when I seen it I wanted one for my 75 DT175 :bang:
Funny thing is, I think this pipe is designed for the older twin shock frames and the seller assumed it would fit later monoshock bikes.

jradnich

I was looking over messages between myself and the seller. The pipe he sent was not the one he sent me a picture of. He sent me a photo of this pipe installed...on a twin shock DT100. I was able to get in touch with him in December. He said he was very busy with a big Christmas order. After Christmas, no response to my messages.
I finally opened a claim with PayPal and that got a lot of response. He's going to have someone send the pipe out right away. Then a message to please drop my claim. Sorry he has been slow to respond but he's in the hospital (along with a photo of someone in a hospital bed with a IV drip).
So I'll wait and see if it actually shows up.