Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

dammit. I mean, sweet. (KZ650)

Started by m in sc, November 20, 2023, 01:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

here ya go one brake rotor pic. I can measure the inner diameter later today if needed.

m in sc

In the last push for wrapping up all the wiring, i made the plate mount and all this bracketry 2 nights ago, roughly, then finished it off yesterday. Most of it is aluminum i had laying around. I need to paint the lower brace still and do a few finishing things like a button head bolt here, stainless bolt there, etc.  But, since this was inherited with a cut and looped frame it made it a bit more difficult than it should have been? but was def fun.

the tailight, incidentally, is the original stock '14 Grom tail light off my bike. (i have oen with integrated turn signals on that now, have for years).  Turn signals are k&S all aluminum units. (same on ft)

the 2 stacked M8 nuts are where the tail piece grommets and bushings will go. I plan on making a 1 pc spacer/grommet for this on the lathe

I spent wayyy too much time on this. lol.

m in sc

RH caliper mount. welds aren't pretty but they are strong.

nuts tacked on steel plate:

bracket placed in relation to pad to rotor

tacked on then one bead welded:

ugly welded.

threads chased:

mounted

Striker1423

Wow just saw the thread. That tank! Holy crap. Looks phenomenal now sir!

I almost bought a 78 kz750 in red before the GT came into the picture.

m in sc

its an inherited project, I've been involved w it over the past 2 owners. long story that goes back literally a decade.

I was looking for a 75 CB750F, loosely. specifically a 75F, no k, no later ones, that year that model. I sort of gave up. Ths KZ was actually given to me probably 4? 5? years ago by Rob and i had helped him get it running back 10 yrs ago or so. then it got parked when he closed his business and it sat, behind his dads house, with a tank full of 'clr' and that chain. I didn't know that at the time...  but i didn't want it, so gave it to David with robs blessing. that tank pic was when we went to go pick it up.  :whistle:  :shocked:  So, when david got it,. we were going hot and heavy working on it until about a year and a half ago, then for reasons that aren't important to mention here, he just lost interest. So, since I've never actually owned a KZ, i bought it from David because there was parts he had bought and spent money on, soi i owned him at least that. (he did offer to just give it to me). Of course, a week after i agreed to get it, not one but TWO 75 F hondas show up reasonable near me.  :whatever:  but, i passed and stuck w the kz.

and here we are.

:nathan:

RustyRD

The kz650 sounds sweet with the Delkivic pipe , especially when the revs start to climb.  I like it.   Looks great

m in sc

I think i finally got the front brakes sorted. it was a ridiculous amount of, mostly, self inflicted bullshit, and a few outside hangups. The rear brake is now going to have to change since i went ahead and used the 'rear' caliper i had on the front because they match.  Its a boring saga i wont go into but that hopefully will be wrapped up soon. I am going to look through my stash for a better rear caliper option than what i currently have. (which now has the pad hanging over the contact area on the rear rotor. )  :huh:  :harley:  :bang:

85RZwade

Whatcha gonna do with this Kaw when you're done?
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

ride it? I don't build to flip.
If i hate it i'll sell it but thats def not a motivation. 

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

my goal is to bring it to deals gap this year as my 4-stoke ( i usually bring 1 to the meet).

m in sc

1st testride. . I think last it was ridden in the early 2000s? guessing here. did ok, really good actually.  better than expected.  need to sort some small things and paint it but otherwise  :thumbs:

RustyRD

Good deal. Great seeing it at the stage where it is about to start a new life. That delkivic has a great sound.    :vroom:

85RZwade

I love those filters! Congrats on the first shakedown ride  :thumbs:  :toot:
I post waayyy too much

Striker1423