Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

dammit. I mean, sweet. (KZ650)

Started by m in sc, November 20, 2023, 01:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

just got this, i have a 10? 12? year history with this bike and 3 owners in.. here we go.

this is what clr left in a tank does in 4 years:

now:

everything by PO was stripped, blasted, powdercoated, etc ad re-assembled. I was very involved in a lot of the work. spokes replaced by kz1000 mags as well.

irk_miller

That tank is hilarious.  I love the KZ mags.  Just wish they weren't so dang heavy. 

RustyRD

That's incredible what that stuff (clr) can do.  Awesome progress.  I have a left caliper and Russell brake hose on it that could use a new home if you need one fresh seal kit in it from K&L supply. I swapped to dual disc I had from a Z1-R

m in sc

thanks. im actually going to adapt (or try) some ex/ninja calipers, on the way. (very common swap on triples) But i'll let you know.

:clap:

RustyRD

I need to rebuild front forks any input on the emulators

m in sc

I didn't use them in this so not sure

m in sc

and got it re-fired up last night. Nothings dialed in or set, all just eyeballed with the coils and dyna running off an old grom battery. this is the second run, the 1st was a wicked leaky #2 headpipe, had to pull th epipe (just#2) and reseat it in the head. was pretty easy but there was a slight nudge with a floor jack.

RustyRD

sweet sounds, I enjoy so much working on and riding these bikes. Really sounds good, I understand the carb spacing is the same as kz1ooo, I have a set of carbs with accelerator pump 28 I think. double check spacing and maybe rebuild and try them out.

kpke

What an amazing transformation on that bike. It sounds wonderful. Great job.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

m in sc

thanks. wiring is a train wreck but I'm working thru it. looks like the regulator/rectifier is dead so got one ordered, alternator is putting out plenty of ac though.  at least theres that. I also have to re-pin and put connectors on wiring harness to use the new controls , the PO (2 back) cut the fucking harness there. also the battery terminal and starter solenoid stuff was all gone (wire wise) . lastly, powder coated frame requires for my peace of mind, an auxiliary ground directly to the motor as well as frame and harness, made all that from scratch, so , at least I'm getting somewhere. its running well enough i could time it and synch the carbs, which i'll probably do tomorrow as i recover from my turkey coma.   :whistle:  :smiley:  :shocked:  :dance:

kramdua

nothing wrong with showing all your hard work and that was a lot of work.
good job.
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.

m in sc

this weekend...
almost got it sorted believe it or not. man, some people should just leave the voltage tubes alone.

m in sc

small update, wiring was time consuming but i seem to have gotten it all sorted and run.

quick video of it idling and charging, and the new K&N filters, the old cheap pods were necked down at the flange and i suspect would hurt the flow to the air-jets in the carbs.  So, i spent too much money on some k&ns and i like it.

(no airbox was on it).

Kawtriplefreak

RustyRD

What kinda of gauges or gauge are you gonna use? Aka tach,speedo.