News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Johnny Cash Special - Suzonda 2smoker

Started by NoRiders, December 01, 2019, 03:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoRiders

Got the side cover issue sorted....shaped a good chunk off the top corner so the cover will jiggle in snugly and the clutch rod sits in the rubber bush.

Pleased I had the scrap/damaged cover to practice the shape on....learnt a lot and the final effort turned out OK I reckon.

Also, found a compression spring, but need to adjust the clutch actuation and cable adjustment to set the lever position.

Run the 1-3 throttle cable and fixed it with a P clip to the spine, cables run to the carbs nicely and between the carbs to the oil pump.....I'll need a longer one making up as I need another 3" as the bars are wider, I might have a go myself to be honest.
Unless anyone knows of a 1-3 for a twin trials bike that'd work with the GT200??

economan

I fell in to a burning ring of fire,
I went down down down, till the flames got higher
And it burns burns burns, the ring of fire,
The ring of fire.

Johnny & June would be proud. :celebrate:  Cant wait for the "Sunday Morning coming down", reveal.  :whistle:

NoRiders

Quote from: economan on May 28, 2020, 06:57:41 AM
I fell in to a burning ring of fire,
I went down down down, till the flames got higher
And it burns burns burns, the ring of fire,
The ring of fire.

Johnny & June would be proud. :celebrate:  Cant wait for the "Sunday Morning coming down", reveal.  :whistle:

Haha...dont call us...well call you....next!!.

Controlled fire would be a good thing....reveal any time distant. :)

sav0r

The side cover is looking factory. Very nice!
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

NoRiders

Quote from: sav0r on May 28, 2020, 10:04:22 AM

Thanx...it'll look a bit better with a fresh coat of paint. Still a ways to go yet. :)

sav0r

Yeah, I can see it. The finished product is only going to be better.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

toffee

Quote from: NoRiders on May 28, 2020, 11:59:11 AM

Thanx...it'll look a bit better with a fresh coat of paint. Still a ways to go yet. :)

That was some curve ball thrown at you with the side panel, nicely sorted though, looks good, good fix.
"An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion..." - Newton's 1st law of Motion

NoRiders

Quote from: toffee on May 28, 2020, 05:12:22 PM
Quote from: NoRiders on May 28, 2020, 11:59:11 AM

That was some curve ball thrown at you with the side panel, nicely sorted though, looks good, good fix.

Thnx Toffee....Even in a game of curveballs....I didn't expect or anticipate that one ;)

NoRiders

While fiddling around in the clutch & oil pump area, I realised I didn't have a cable terminal for the oil pump lever.....so, I made one.

As you can see the top of a connector block fitted the bill.....drill one hole and slot.

Mind you, given it's importance I'd lost my bottle and ordered a genuine Suzuki part.

The bodywork, headlight cowl, tank and seat have been picked up by my painter/sprayer mate.....more anon.

One last job before it went to paint, position the ignition switch....it's not connected to the ignition but will switch a component earth...the run/kill switch is the live.

I like it in this position.....and, no I don't think I'll break the key. The switch is ex forktruck and the key is locked when in the live/on position, so it won't fall out while underway.

If I do break it, I'll replace it with a simple push on/off switch.

I've gone though the carbs again, the main jet looks to be 87.5 which isn't the stock size I think?...can anyone confirm?

Indicators arrived.....can you see them?

That's it for now....thanks for checking in - Colin

NoRiders

Any colour you like.... ;D

RustyRD

one vote for Guards Red, the build has been moving along.  :clap: :whoop: :whoop:

economan

NoRiders

Quote from: RustyRD on May 31, 2020, 08:21:19 AM
one vote for Guards Red, the build has been moving along.  :clap: :whoop: :whoop:

Ha...no not red. The build sure has been moving forward....just got to keep the momentum going now. :)

NoRiders

Quote from: economan on May 31, 2020, 12:25:11 PM
Tins, Miami blue & black

Blue is in there...;)

Think Suzuki GSXR triple blue/white colours in a retro 70s style.

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much