Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Johnny Cash Special - Suzonda 2smoker

Started by NoRiders, December 01, 2019, 03:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoRiders

NoRiders

Oil pump installed and primed. Using the factory feed pipes and will use my trusty syringe as a temp oil tank for the run around the block and then sort the proper oil tank when I rebuild it.

I've made sure the throttle slide and oil pump arm are sync'd as per the book. Fiddly, but it's all in place and working (as bench tested) :)

I've made new front upper engine mounts out of 3mm steel, they need a return kink to allow access to the inner exhaust flange bolt....rather than me having to remove the mounts to access the bolt every time.

dgorms

This is by far one of the coolest builds I've seen! Got me re-thinking a couple of mine................................D
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

NoRiders

Quote from: dgorms on June 29, 2020, 11:24:20 PM
This is by far one of the coolest builds I've seen! Got me re-thinking a couple of mine................................D

Gee thanx....what you got then?

Small, but important update:
Today, metal bashing. Andy,my neighbour, has acetylene so we heated and spent longer than I thought trying to figure how to shape the kink I needed to clear the exhaust flange bolt on both sides. I even made a buck but figuring the next bend was laughable tbh.
Got there in the end.

Two kinky upper front mounts in etch ready for a splash of satin black.

NoRiders

Engine mounts, not an exciting area to report on...but, these upper front mounts needed to have a kinky offset to allow access to the exhaust inner flange bolt, without having to remove the mounts everytime.....plus it looked terrible.

So, the 3mm steel was heated n bashed into shape....took a bit longer than we thought as the bends (3 per bracket) had to be thought about..heheh!

Installed and I can access both inner flange bolts easily, fiddly but easily. :)

At least now they look like they've been made purposely.

Regina 520 gold chain arrived today.

I'm assured the bodywork will be painted over the weekend and I'm hopeful of the caliper returning too.

That'll mean I'm close to it's maiden run around the block.

NoRiders

Something has been happening at NoRiders towers...

Bodywork back from second painting...correct 9003 white now and it's certainly white :)

Chain fitted, exhaust sorted...just need 35mm springs. I'll probs wire it for the test ride.....yeah, I sadi test ride.

Front caliper/brakes are bled.

Tank fitted but need to check the petcock seal.

I'm close to the test ride around the block ;)

A few shots outside

Czakky

toffee

looking good overall!

the kinky brackets worked well  :whoop:
"An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion..." - Newton's 1st law of Motion

NoRiders

Czakky & toffee - thank you gents. Sometimes a bit of kinkyness is just the ticket ;)

Might get the firing up and test ride done this weekend.

toffee

"An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion..." - Newton's 1st law of Motion

RDryan

+1 Any progress...I keep checking in and wondering cause it's a Awesome! :metal:

NoRiders

Hi guys, sorry to report absolutely zero progress since the last optimistic post...life getting in the way as I'm back in work mode to some extent and a week's break away broke my momentum.

I plan to get some time later this week.....don't hold your breath though :)

toffee

no worries Colin.

I keep saying that Work (the day job) is getting in the way of what I enjoy doing.

RDryan

Ditto no worries. Life getting in the way of my being one with my riding seems to be the story of my life. I wanted to say getting in the way of me enjoying my bikes but truth is I at least started subscribing to the N+1 perspective on bike ownership as of a few years ago.Oh and I also like to wrench on my bikes in the living room (that's how multiple bike ownership began with a broken down bike) and have at least three out of four of them are always living with me in the house because I love looking at them and there isn't a woman nor child who says I can't.So that's that. ;D

PS- I have a slight connection to your bike because my first bike was a silver with maroon pinstriping 1974 Honda CB200T. It was my mom's when I was maybe 3 or 4 years old? I unfortunately destroyed trying to keep up with my trail riding buddies.

NoRiders

Thread from the dead.

Hi, back on the Suzonda recently, I've been waiting on the exhaust guy, Rich's Fabrication Shop Oxfordshire, so have an available slot. Turns out dropping it off so he canjump on it in a free moment worked out well. The exhaust mounting spigots have been extended in stainless with two retaining spring hooks added and a h/d modified 2bolt flange looks tough.

I had hoped to fire it up and ride it around the yard, but I think stale fuel (despite a top up of fresh), poor fuel flow to the carbs?? and a weak spark all contributed to a lacklustre attempt to run. It was very nearly there...but felt feeble in it's efforts to fire. Despite our best efforts I have resigned to drag it home and work my way through each potential area to find and fix the problem.

First call, as we did have fuel but a weak spark is to source a new coil. I'll be back on this build as straight after my joy ride around the block it'll be stripped to the frame for blasting and painting.