News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD Monoshock ninja susp. swap

Started by RustyRD, December 15, 2019, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

I agree quality should be there. I have a VTR1000 and the switches on it would be great, however one switch is no longer available from Honda. Thanks for the tip.

RustyRD

Got lucky and PDM60 arrived and I have items on hand to wire the RD. I still need to configure the battery and distribution module platform. Step after step it nears completion,and the next big item will be paint for the tank and other body parts.

RustyRD

Took time to get some aluminum and start working on an electrical tray. There always seems to be more space in the planning phase, compared to the actual layout of components. working to get inner fender and tray to be functional and clean.

RustyRD

Shopping for a decent electrical connector kit, any recommendations out there?

rodneya

Quote from: RustyRD on September 01, 2020, 07:01:10 PM

Depends what type you are looking for, but vintageconnections has good stuff

RustyRD

Quote from: rodneya on September 02, 2020, 01:00:10 AM
Quote from: RustyRD on September 01, 2020, 07:01:10 PM

Depends what type you are looking for, but vintageconnections has good stuff
Thank you  sir, I will check them out.

pidjones

VC is my go-to site for refurbing old GoldWing electricals. Great folks to work with, too. They can custom-make things if asked.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

RustyRD

Quote from: pidjones on September 02, 2020, 08:10:59 AM
VC is my go-to site for refurbing old GoldWing electricals. Great folks to work with, too. They can custom-make things if asked.

That's great to hear, I looked at the site just last night, and good to hear positive comments about them.
Thanks

RustyRD

I finally received the connectors and crimping tool. I was able to get the kit from Economy, and use our discount. Crimper works like a champ.

RustyRD

Well have had some time to work on my RD, and mapping out the wiring and battery location.

paul1478

the photos of your bike really look good. but in person, wow! you are going to have a NICE bike when you get done. I will have to go back down for BBQ and riding when you get it done.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

RustyRD

Thank you , sounds like a plan. I will update as to when it is road worthy.

RustyRD

Ok, I thought since I am trying to get away with a small battery might as well try to lighten the electrical load by trying a LED conversion bulb. Current draw of the halogen H4 was 2.6 Amps at low beam and 5.1 Amps on high, the LED comes in at 1.8 Amps on low and 2.1 Amps on high. I just wonder about durability? 35 $ so not a huge loss if it pukes out.

RustyRD

I received the switch I ordered for ignition, made an aluminum bracket to mount it. Tried to keep it in an inconspicuous location. It is the small things that seem to take so long. :eek:

m in sc