Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD Monoshock ninja susp. swap

Started by RustyRD, December 15, 2019, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

Thank you , you know all these little task start to take a lot more time than I planned on. :umm: :umm:  getting there little by little.

85RZwade

You'll be happy later on with the attention you're giving to the details now  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

Thanks for the encouragement, made a little shield to cover the switch housing, and the vintage connections kit and crimper tool are awesome. Here is a before and after on the switch. 

RustyRD

Spent a little time today in the shop with the RD, life has been throwing some serious darts around lately, and slowing my project down. I know I am not alone in this battle. Wiring is starting to progress and I was curious what the bike was weighing in at, 258lbs. tank, seat side panels not in place, however I like the results so far. Still have more to do on wiring, little at a time.

RustyRD

OK I have wiring near completion, with engine running charging system putting out 13.8 volts. Great to  hear engine run again, after starting the wiring process it has been several months since last run. :clap:

m in sc

RustyRD

The RD project snuck out of the shed today, still lots of details to work out, but moving forward.

RustyRD

I decided to setup cable actuated choke and ordered cable conversion choke and twin cable. The USPS is all over the place with there service, ordered both at the same time from different locations the 24 of November. One was shipped from MO. one from WI. four days on one, and thirteen days on the other :bang: :umm: Go figure. Tracking number supplied by both, oh well. I have parts in hand and now I have to go out and do the deed. I need to create a mount bracket for the lever, but should not be to tricky. Famous last words. :whistle:

m in sc

RustyRD

Running the TM32's, setting the choke on the right side carb is a little bit of a p.i.t.a. :vroom:

m in sc

preaching to the choir, thats why i did the exact same thing.  :toot:

RustyRD

Czakky

Quote from: RustyRD on December 08, 2020, 12:30:58 PM
Running the TM32's, setting the choke on the right side carb is a little bit of a p.i.t.a. :vroom:
I've got the same carbs. I'm thinking I should do the same...

pdxjim

Quote from: RustyRD on December 07, 2020, 08:26:34 PM
I decided to setup cable actuated choke and ordered cable conversion choke and twin cable. The USPS is all over the place with there service, ordered both at the same time from different locations the 24 of November. One was shipped from MO. one from WI. four days on one, and thirteen days on the other :bang: :umm: Go figure. Tracking number supplied by both, oh well. I have parts in hand and now I have to go out and do the deed. I need to create a mount bracket for the lever, but should not be to tricky. Famous last words. :whistle:

Got a part number or link please?

I'm usually pretty good at sniffing this stuff out, but in this case can only find the single cable ones.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

RustyRD

Sure do.    
Parts Unlimited Universal Choke Cable - Mikuni Dual Carbs #928
Cable choke conversion MK-412.
Hope this helps. I have not installed yet, however plan to this afternoon after work.