click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

RD Monoshock ninja susp. swap

Started by RustyRD, December 15, 2019, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

yeah, thats probably a BIG part of it.

RustyRD

I need to stay focused, these jewels caught my eye and I could not resist, and besides they are not stock :whistle: I included a before and after pics on the bike, they still need loctite and grease but I could not deny myself seeing them on the bike.

RustyRD

well I sure was lucky to score a pair of heads from Lyn, tickled to death to be able to pay him a visit and collect these from him 8)

RustyRD

Engine running after rebuild, SuperTune  top end and Lyn Garland crankshaft.

350GUY

Russ:

Your bike sounds AMAZING! Like music to the ears! You can tell that the engine is well tuned to spec!

Guys, you have to turn up the volume if you have a good set of speakers! Really cool!

K'rgds,

Daryl

RustyRD

Thanks Daryl
new needle jets arrived earlier this week, had a chance to install along with a modified petcock from a Raptor on the gas tank. Weather has been sloppy here, so no chance to get out and ride it to evaluate the changes  :rolleyes:

NoRiders

Awesome sounds on tick over...hoping for similar on mine.

The rearsets are cool...liking the exhaust mount....can you post a clearer image please. What's it off of or from?

RustyRD

Sure, hope this captures the angle you were asking for. The rear sets are from a 02 ninja250, had to modify the stock frame mounts, but I have been pleased with the results. I captured right and left side exhaust mounts. I still need to provide some isolation for the mounts, but the basic mount has been constructed. I used a 10mm, 8mm open ended combo wrench for the mount bracket. Something to get people to ask what it is. Thanks

m in sc

RustyRD

Thank you sir. :vroom: Those worked out well and added to the uniqueness of the project. Its fun having something just a little bit different than stock to get folks to ask some questions.

RustyRD

I found an additional image of the rear set frame mod, and little ninja rear set install.

RustyRD

I found a mirror combo that looks as though it may work ok. Just arrived and will try to install and evaluate them. Hopefully the will be worth money spent. Time will tell, or they may show up on sell your stash :rolleyes:

m in sc

looks really good. does the kicker clear the RH peg? if not, i might have a solution.

RustyRD

It does, the peg folds up, and there is ample room for the kicker. One of the things I really like about the way the swap worked out. The kickstarter was also one that was for rear sets

RustyRD

well I complained about moving because I have not been able to work on my RD. Almost three months without laying a wrench on it. Don't want to make the wife mad, anyway I will have a better spot to work on my projects. I will be upgrading to a shop instead of two sheds, not sure how I want to arrange things yet, however that will be a task in itself.