Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD Monoshock ninja susp. swap

Started by RustyRD, December 15, 2019, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

I had the chance to go out and work  on the RD, I wanted to install the cable choke conversion. Nearly perfect weather today sunny and 67° so I needed to provide a mount position for the lever. The position I chose offered up the least resistance. :whistle: I will see how I like this position for now, and if I don't like it I will make up a cable and relocate.

m in sc

pidjones

"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

RustyRD

Thank you guys, I was hoping it would not make folks turn n grimace. ;D

RustyRD

Well I decided to make a bracket for the tail light . The devil is in the details, and all the small jobs are mounting up in hours spent. This is a KZ1000 tail light and tail section, next task will be to mount side panels.

RustyRD

Received another part today, pressure switch for rear brake light, just did not want to run a mechanical switch, so on goes this one. Now if the post office will bring my new tail light :eek:

m in sc

ive used those a lot, i like em.   

dig the tailight brace arm.

RustyRD

Thank you sir, I tell you what, the small jobs take as much if not more time than doing major task. Top end, crank , tires. Oh well I guess that why I have been working on these things since I was a child. My first real motorcycle was a Yamaha Jt1 mini enduro 60.  :whoop: :whoop:

RustyRD

I felt like Charlie Brown waiting on this to arrive, good grief. Three weeks USPS must truly be swamped, anyhow I have a new tail light to install on my project now. A nice new years eve afternoon job. Took some time out of the Holiday schedule to install new tail light and run wiring for it.

RustyRD

Spent some time on the project, connected the KOSO meter and tach reading high. After referring to meter instructions the most probable cause is non resistor plugs or caps. Vape ignition specs call out no more than 5k ohms for plugs and cap combined. I have a large supply of plugs so I researched NGK for cap info, and discovered not only different resistor values also stud or nut terminal on plug. :umm: So I guess my point is ya learn something new all the time. I am sure many of you are aware, however the source is a very good starting place.

m in sc

i had all sorts of issues with a speedometer and tach setup on mine, triggered it off one of the alternator leads and set ti to 12? cyl i think when i had a vapor, and that seemed to help. finally ditched that went to an spa.

RustyRD

I hope I will not have to ditch it, however it is a constant work in progress. Thank you for the additional info.

pidjones

Many of the NGK resistor caps have removable resistors. If only resistor plugs are available, you can always replace the resistor with a short piece of copper wire (~#10 solid should fit).
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

m in sc

usually the resistors wont help much on the vapor units. trust me, been there. triples are even worse. what i -have- found that works well , or at least better, is ferrite chokes on the vapor lines and lines to the coils, and RF drains. as far as an rf drain, i have literally wrapped the wire in aluminum tape and grounded it to the frame on the speedometer/tach units.   :twocents:

some people report no issues. ?

RustyRD

The koso meter has a ground that is part of the tach signal wire that I have not grounded yet.  Could be a factor. Thanks for the additional input.