Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

On the apocalypse

Started by IR8D8R, March 20, 2020, 11:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

SUPERTUNE

RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

85RZwade

The tractor store where I work is starting a "soft close" today, meaning we're open for business but the doors are closed. Salesmen, parts guys and service writer are to go outside and communicate with customers as the arrive, but not let them inside the building. Phone, email orders are encouraged.
In the shop, we were all given the option to stay home and try for unemployment. If we stay, the distancing and disinfecting regimens are being ramped up and we can work as long as there's work. We've been given a form to carry with us when we travel to show we're "essential" (agriculture), so we don't get a ticket on the way in to work.
A local grocery store employee reportedly was maced by a customer for getting too close while helping said customer with their groceries. This is surreal.
I post waayyy too much

Kawtriplefreak

We have a person with a positive test where I work. We are shut down until 01 April at a minimum. No pay of course.

Hawaii-Mike

Hawaii has a mandatory "stay at home" order as well.  Anyone flying into the Aloha State from today forward is subject to 14 day quarantine.  That means when you land at the airport, go to your home or to your hotel room and stay there for two weeks.

pdxjim

We are just chilling out here in Portland under a "stay-at-home" order.  This means you can't leave the house unless for work, food shopping, or "exercise".  Violation is a Class-C misdemeanor punishable by up to 30 days in jail and $1,250 fine.

I've been working in the yard, working in the garage, etc.  I cleaned out my car, and snuck over to a buddies house and got a set of his race takeoff Q3's to throw on my TDR.  Yes we kept our distance from each other.  I do enough stupid shit and have survived way to many crazy adventures to die drowning in my own lung butter. 

Takeout food seems pretty sketchy these days, so I'm cooking all our meals here for my wife, daughter and me.  Made a pork shoulder today.  24hrs in the sous vide, then 3hrs in the smoker.  Best pulled pork I have ever made.

I'm a beekeeper too, so I've also been making (and taking) propolis tincture and delivering it to a few friends who aren't in the best health.  It's good shit, you can read about it here:  https://www.rxlist.com/propolis/supplements.htm

I do residential home inspections for work.  I'll still go do inspections on vacant homes, but if the house is occupied, no fucking thank you.  I have to touch every door handle, lightswitch, bathroom sink faucet and toilet handle.  Gloves or not, that just doesn't sound like a good idea these days.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

dgorms

On a lighter note! Through sheer boredom (locked down) I decided to do a sound check on different motors running. With due diligence I have determined that a 2 stroke twin(DS-7), and a four stroke single(SRX-600) have the most harmonious sound idling together! The VFR and the RZ were a close second though!.......................................stay home, stay healthy, D
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

Czakky

I for one would like to hear said music :cheerleader:

dgorms

I'll try, not sure if i'm capable!

dgorms

RdsOnly

Just keep your hands to yourself,,  You can pick your friend. you can pick your nose [not advised now] But you can not pick your friends nose! For GOD sake NO.

Be safe do as advised and have some fun...

2 stroke candle is my healing source.

JT

RDFL

Lots of very drunk people driving around here.

Still biking

Everything creepy here in N California.  I have a friend in Georgetown, a small mountain town,  and a group of Harley riders came in and went to the general store there (about the only thing open) and acted like nothing happening.  A group of locals came in after them and told them to take there "god#### motorcycles and their asses out of there".  I guess they didn't want them spreading the virus to their little town.  A scene from an apocalypse movie. 

Czakky

Went to my small twin grocery store and every body had a mask except me... Not knocking them, but it was a bit surreal.