Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

On the apocalypse

Started by IR8D8R, March 20, 2020, 11:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

Yeah, I've been staying out of the big stores (Costco, Fred Meyer/Kroger, Trader Joe's) and hitting the food service store (Cash & Carry) and the local butcher/grocery/produce market instead.  Way less crowded and most things are cheaper.

Took my 11yo daughter with me today.  We both had proper n95 masks and she wore gloves too.  Most of the employees were wearing the same.

Amazing how she just rolls with it.   I put a basket in her hand and told her to get whatever she wanted.  She might have been trippin' on the inside, but outwardly she seemed totally unfazed by it all.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

IR8D8R

My friend Max and his wife in Honolulu, HI both tested positive for the virus after feeling some symptoms. He owns several medical clinics so it is likely it was spread by a patient. He had to close his PT clinic and lay off the staff. His case was pretty mild but he is in outstanding physical condition for being in his mid- late 40's. He said it was a hassle and not issue-free socially. He was joking that he doesn't have any friends anymore. He has at least 1.

The enforcement of stay-at-home orders has been pretty soft in most places but the grace period seems to be ending. I keep hearing how there are fines and jail in a lot of places if you can't prove you have a legit reason to be out. Several foreign countries are confiscating the vehicles of people who break the isolation directives.

Here in East Tennessee we have relatively few cases. There have been 3 deaths in Blount County and ~150 cases. I'm still holding out hope that the crisis will lift before the Deal's Gap meet is scheduled. HWY 129 runs through Blount. I attribute our low numbers to being slightly out of the way and not being a winter destination for anything. Our delay in response was offset by the extra time it took for the virus to reach us. By the time it got here people had decided that staying home was a good idea. There are certainly more risky places elsewhere in the nation. Supposedly local police are stopping people out driving and checking out their intentions. I don't know anyone who has been stopped. ...Just tell them you are out of TP. That should cover a few trips.

I was supposed to go to a medical conference in New Orleans in mid-June. Although it is not yet cancelled I can't see it happening that soon down there. Not sure if I want to go to NOLA or NYC for a good while. A friend in Shreveport says they are not allowing anyone from Louisiana into Texas. Imagine that...

IR8D8R

sav0r

Here in Pittsburgh we are shut down through to the end of the month. I have at least one more week of lay off to go, but it very well could go longer. Cases have leveled off nicely though. Certainly the worst is ahead still, but the measures seem to be helping. I even found TP the other day, although it was a three roll maximum.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

MRDRcycle

ga_gangle

^ this shit gets you banned. this one is for 45 14 days. Its not like i didn't EXPLICITLY state NO POLITICS and to keep it civil .  :whatever:

I haven't been on here in a few weeks and usually enjoy this group because it's an ECSAPE.  I fully believe this thread should have been deleted as the first post had political digs using profanity based on an opinion... but other statements, to me factually stated, get one banned...

I will only spend future time here to obtain technical support... which I greatly appreciate...

Hope everyone stays safe and I believe marcs statement to be one to follow...
"just assume everything has poo on it..."

Czakky

m in sc

I let it ride for a day or 2, then it got out of hand with a personal attack. Unusual here for sure, but that was it.  that's what i get for letting people vent, went too far.

but then again, i dont delete topics either.

:twocents: