This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Hydraulic clutch conversion

Started by Striker1423, July 23, 2020, 12:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

350GUY

Quote from: m in sc on August 09, 2020, 09:27:25 PM
i made one like that, on the okuma at work like 12 years ago, sort of. similar tot he triple ones.  walls were too thin for an rd cover with a decent master IMHO, so i ditched it and went with the brembo one. the plate is the easiest way for that type of a setup to bypass the worm screw. could it be done? sure. I also made mine with a drum brake cup seal. I have it somewhere buried in a box i think.

Mark - What would be the ideal travel in mm for the clutch slave mechanism or essentially the push rod to activate/disengage the clutch on a hydraulic clutch set-up ?

m in sc

8?mm i honeslty dont remember exaclty but that seems to ring a bell. I made the rod adjustable though to set the base return. 

Dvsrd

Quote from: 350GUY on August 14, 2020, 04:10:54 PM
Quote from: m in sc on August 09, 2020, 09:27:25 PM
i made one like that, on the okuma at work like 12 years ago, sort of. similar tot he triple ones.  walls were too thin for an rd cover with a decent master IMHO, so i ditched it and went with the brembo one. the plate is the easiest way for that type of a setup to bypass the worm screw. could it be done? sure. I also made mine with a drum brake cup seal. I have it somewhere buried in a box i think.

Mark - What would be the ideal travel in mm for the clutch slave mechanism or essentially the push rod to activate/disengage the clutch on a hydraulic clutch set-up ?

Same as the oem setup? Measured with a caliper or dial gange.
Too litte travel=dragging clutch.
Too much travel= pressure plate rubbing on inside of cover, and excessive compression of springs/ excessive force at lever.

sav0r

You should be able to measure the throw from a working stock setup pretty easily and get a pretty definitive measurement.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

retaRD

Pull the adjuster cover, measure how much the adjuster screw travels with the clutch pulled.  Easy.

m in sc

thats what i did. ^ but again, was years ago.