Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

Rolled the TDR out in the fresh air today so I can get the pressure washer out of the garage

Got the intakes all buttoned up last night.  Maybe carbs can go on tonight.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

JB Weld

I installed my new intakes and 1/4" reed spacers, along with TDR reeds. Also tested my rebuilt injector pump (thanks Chuck for the "tip" in the Team Scream area of this site.)

RDryan

I put a new rear sprocket on my RD250. The old one really wasn't that old at all but when I rebuilt the bike I made the mistake of going a tooth smaller in the rear on a pretty much stock bike to boot because I wanted a long lasting anchor weight made of steel and I couldn't get the stock 40t size from HVC Cycles. Simply unavailable unless you go aluminum which I probably should've but anyways I found a NOS 40t on Ebay so that's fine and should restore some pep.

I also put a new rear tire on the bike, a Shinko brand 712R. The front tire is an AVON roadrider and is still in very nice shape, I know it's kinda a no no to mix brands but the Shinko was again a pretty good deal from EBay. Unfortunately since a always seem to get frustrated with spooning new and old tires off wheels I took the wheel and new tire to the stealership and wouldn't you know it they put the tire on backwards :bang: :bang: Of course I didn't notice till I got home with it paid for and mounted. :bang: :bang: Kinda thought about sum and decided that since here in Ma. we now have non essential store closings and I really don't plan on riding in the rain as well as the tire being totally overrated for the power of my little 250 that I will just live with the mistake. Unless one of you fellas tells me otherwise however it would take a lot of convincing since I went ahead and put the wheel back on the bike.  :dawg: :devil: :dawg:

pdxjim

I would take it back and ask them to fix it.

Not like you have anything better to do these days.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

RDryan

Yeah I think your right I keep looking at it smiling at me. Supposed to frown god dammit. Not to mention how much money they charge just to do it. Seriously though does it really make that much of difference. I googled this question and the answers are so varied. Some say it's designed so the tread pattern throws the water away to prevent hydroplaning. OTOH some say the arrows are there because it has something to with the construction of the three plies layup direction, as if it's mounted in the wrong direction the tire will wear prematurely. However I also read that it's theoretically impossible for a round tire to hydroplane. Also  there are cheapskates who ride the track and claim they will remount a tire the opposite direction if a track has more turns to the left hence you wear one side of the tire more than the other. Many have said that they've had this mistake and just live with it and never really notice a difference. I just don't know except it's one of those things thats kinda like the spite of it. Pathetically speaking from my own personal experience riding bikes I seem to get about three thousand miles or so and the tires wear down to the wear bars right in the middle about an inch either left or right of center. Me not wanting to let the tire get to far beyond (seems a safety issue??) I'll replace it which always seems a shame but I really just don't seem to hit enough bends in those 3 thousand miles of riding.

I try not to over think it but this is one of those things where I bruise my ego on so many levels.  :-[

lawnboy

Holy F#$K!  Got the HPI to fire today. Quarantine is kind of a blessing i guess.  The resources here are amazing. Thanks Chuck and Mark. I read the Team scream thread a thousand times at least.  And any thread that talked about the HPI. Timing may be a little off (had a hard time with no marking on the rotor and clocking it without a key) but its runnin! Now to sort out the rest of this beauty. Things like cutting the chain to length. 91 links plus master? Getting the lights wired, figure out a seat etc. etc. Anyway I'm super stoked to get on with it all.

SUPERTUNE

Keep going as your going to need a rear wheel to ride that RD!
Glad to help you with your 2 stroke addiction!
I've have it since 1975 when my dad bought a 1975 RD350B in Portugal Orange!
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Kawtriplefreak

m in sc

@ lawnboy : nice!

if oyu have a dial gauge, since its running,y ou can now make timing marks on the rotor and verify timing with a light. pay attention to where the max advance should be, get it to that rpm, and set it there.

My sunday was mostly working on the t500 motor. I got my ass kicked by the kickstart assembly but finally got it together. (its all internal).  I'll post up details in another thread but that design flat out sucks.  :busey:

pdxjim

NoRiders

Fitted the front mount for the CB200 tank on the Suzonda.....used M8 threading (ex bath support legs) and two bungs made out of cut down ordinary white rubber door stops.

I think I've got the tank inclination and seat unit alignment correct?

pdxjim

Looking good NoRiders!

I got this today!!!!

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Quote from: 85RZwade on April 07, 2020, 12:32:07 AM
For your Elsie?

Nope, for the TDR250!

Rad thing about the TDR one is it's plug n' play, with all the proper connector blocks installed.

He doesn't have a plug n' play LC one yet, but I hope he gets one together soon coz it was super easy to install.

pdxjim

Quote from: pdxjim on April 06, 2020, 05:53:24 PM
Looking good NoRiders!

I got this today!!!!

Yeeeeeeeew!

New reeds with ported cages, deep carb clean with revised jetting, new Zeeltronic ignition and it started first kick!

Hand-me-down sticky race compound Q3's going on tomorrow!!!