This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

Quote from: 85RZwade on November 15, 2020, 02:20:15 AM
More late-night shopping: Moose manifolds for bigger carbs and replacement fuel valve (two outlets) coming from HVC Cycle. Spending it like I have it!

I was looking for a set of Moose intakes before. The UPP ones I have had in the past dont seem to last very long before cracking. I ended up with billet intakes. The Moose were not available at the time (stupid Covid strikes again) and the billet were almost the same price

Evans Ward

1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

pdxjim

I bought some oil!

$50 a gallon at the Polaris/Skidoo/CanAm/BRP dealer down the street from my house.

Top quality s#it and the guy behin the counter said if I bring the jug back in he'll refill it for $40.  That's only $10 a qt/liter!

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

AAAltered

Took a blast around town to take advantage of the 60 degree weather ***and*** spotted a KH400 go past me in the opposite direction.  No time to spin about for either of us.  This is in a small 4000 person town, so it was quite an unusual sighting.
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

patastinky

1. Hooked up Oil and Gas Lines to both carbs.
2. Put together Petcock
1975 RD350 (under construction)

patastinky

gas tank installed
oil tank installed
ran oil/gas line/s to tanks
had to solder orange and grey wires on the engine harness that was cut for some reason.

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

patastinky

1st time in like 7 years that the bike has been put back together. I attempted to start it up for the first time since 1982, but had no luck. Did manage to spill about a gallon or so of gas from the petcock. I installed the rubber, then the ring, then the dial, then face plate. This was a mistake, the correct way I. Rubber, dial, ring over the dial, then face plate. This held the gas back.  Gosh, I can't believe I made that mistake.

At any rate, tomorrow I'll check the points, spark and try again.

pidjones

Quote from: patastinky on December 05, 2020, 11:50:05 PM
1st time in like 7 years that the bike has been put back together. I attempted to start it up for the first time since 1982, but had no luck. Did manage to spill about a gallon or so of gas from the petcock. I installed the rubber, then the ring, then the dial, then face plate. This was a mistake, the correct way I. Rubber, dial, ring over the dial, then face plate. This held the gas back.  Gosh, I can't believe I made that mistake.

At any rate, tomorrow I'll check the points, spark and try again.
You'll get it. Just keep beatin' on it.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

85RZwade

Got away for a short ride on my KTM with buddy Ron; Bradley Hills near Cathlamet, Washington

Never underestimate the value of throttle therapy!
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Nothing.

I did look out the window alot cursing the rain, tho.

I've got new jetting to try out!  :metal:

85RZwade

It's December, and most of the trails in Washington are closed for winter, so we went riding...

I think we topped out at 36 degrees, my toes never got warm. We're going back tomorrow for more.
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Looking good Wade!

My bros all went out to trail ride in TSF, but my tow vehicle is in the shop so I got domestic all day.

Rode my LC a couple miles to the hardware store and back without issue.

So I got that going for me. 

patastinky

I finally got both cylinders to fire up. However, motor is running away from me. Need to check carb to ensure proper fuel flow

NYSingh

Got to take a nice ride today since the weather was "nice" (43 degrees). And now my face mask smells like 2T oil. Ahhh!!!
1976 RD400C (SpecII pipes, K&N Y-boot, Dave F Mod, Team Scream Racing Stage-1 Porting)
Moto Guzzi V7III