Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Czakky

I think I finally got my front drum setup right. Probably anybody that has set these up would Laugh at me but I set the angle of the levers on the plate nice and square and she is bedding in much better now. Almost respectable.
I think I've got like 500 miles on her this year so far.

NoRiders

Finally got the leftside micron hung and connected to the barrel....with extended mounting spigot as the swing/hang of the exhaust (RD350LC - on a Suzuki GT200 engine) needed slight modifications. Happy now.

Yamaha 179

Paul and I spent some time putting finishing touches on the Spondon TZ 350 and the Yamaha TR3 getting them ready for the Concours de Elegance at Barber on July 4th.  Both had complete engine rebuilds but no cosmetic work.  The Spondon wouldn't run right last year and I traced that to ignition problems and the TR3 hadn't been raced since the '90s.
Lyn Garland

NoRiders

Jspooner

I sold it...........well I actually sold it last fall, but the new owner picked it up today. I got to keep the DG heads and Spec II F1s that were on it. They are now on my sons bike. Here's a pic of it today just before he picked it up.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

rodneya

Made a chain guard so that I dont keep chewing pieces out of my shoes.

m in sc

rode t500 about halfway to work, lost spark on left cyl, limped home. kicked tire, jumped on cb.

Dvsrd

Tried some machining (turning) of the RH fork slider from an XS650C, the last XS with 34 mm fork tubes, same calipers as the RDs, mounted behind the slider. Plan is to turn, mill, file and sand it down to the same diameters as an RD slider.
And use it with a 298 mm ISR disc on the XS carrier, with the RD caliper. Same look as stock, just a 31 mm larger disc.
The alloy was a lot softer than I anticipated, guess the RD sliders are just as soft.

Czakky

I like the sneaky upgrades, stock look with a bit better performance.

85RZwade

Finished reassembling my clean RZ carbs, now ready to try the fuel height kits I bought from Evans. Then switched horses and started replacing the broken rear fender of my KTM. It's what I get for letting my boys ride my bike!
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Tweaked my knee at work today, so psyching myself up to pull the forks off my KTM and take 'em to the suspension guy for new seals and new valving.

Besides the pain, I'm bummed coz we we finally scored the georeferenced PDF maps to the secret riding spot out near the coast and were planning on a Saturday morning surgical strike.

Hopefully my knee feels better and I can put off the forks for another week

TDR needs fork seals too.  Had some high 80's temps last weekend and the forks were puking oil out just sitting in the garage on the stand.

First time I've ever seen that happen.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Dvsrd

Today, I received 2 rear brake cables from Venhill. The cables are for a mid 70s KX400, but I plan on using them on the RD350 and the XS650. Pulled out the brake plate from my first RD, that I made a cable stopper for sometime back in the 80s........Fiddled a bit with this, before I had to do other stuff.....

85RZwade

Who has two thumbs and hates cleaning air filters...? Took a long lunch at work and cleaned air filters for the RZ, my KTM, and the "diesels" the boys ride, a CRF and an XR. Also put a die grinder to a new Acerbis rear fender for the Katoom; doesn't fit like it ought to...but it will, dammit!
I post waayyy too much

NoRiders

Drafted in my son to sort the electrics....let there be light :)

m in sc

yesterday actually. rode it.  :cheerleader: