This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Weld

JB Weld

Finally have my carbs clean. (Probably cleaner than they've been since I owned this) getting excited to fire it. Just have to time it and set injector pump.

Jspooner

I tore apart my TZ375. It's getting re-ringed, new fork seals, and a clutch. I'm going to try Barnett Kevlar plates. Hopefully they will take care of my problem.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

AAAltered

Uncovered the RD200 in the shed.  Charged the battery and it started in one kick...

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

rodneya

Made myself a new aluminum seat / tail to match the tank. Just waiting for the seat foam to arrive. Still needs a little tidying up before clear coat.
The old fiberglass one never really looked right but I trued to copy the same design but it kept twisting, so this one got bent on a little cheapie bending brake.
Tig welding 16ga aluminum definitely had a steep learning curve.

Kawtriplefreak

Czakky

That is way too cool! Nice work Rodenya!

85RZwade

That's a whole lotta WOW going on there, sir. Super nice  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

Rode my RZ yesterday, first time in months. The reality of old bike:
Had to clear MORE mouse house from the left Toomey before departing
My home made centerstand stopper fell apart after just 30 years
No tach operation while warming up
8mm motor mount bolt missing, replaced before departing
Dropped into 1st gear so nicely...and stalled. Clutch plates stuck. Le Mans style start needed
Runs good! Sounds nice, crisp throttle response  :celebrate:
No speedometer operation  :umm:
Tachometer woke up after a couple of miles
Realized I hadn't fastened my helmet strap after 3 miles
Who set up this suspension? Jeez, it's stiff. Stupid 20 year-old racer wanna-be
A little freeway? Why not? All six gears work, tested to 10,000 RPM  :vroom:
Topped off with ethanol-free 92
The long way home, many turns...oh yeah, that's why the suspension is stiff!
Right turn signal DOA. Dead bulb in the back
Oops, probably should renew that license tab!
Nothing fell off!
Needs a bath, turn signal bulb, speedo repair, centerstand stopper, tabs, 1/4 turn of the airscrews

Some flies in the ointment, but I was reminded of why I still have this bike after all these years: I enjoy the experience every time. Looks good parked, sounds great, acceleration feels fantastic, stops and turns well, is reasonably comfortable (with clip-ons and rear-sets) and turns heads out in public. If I stop long enough to take off the helmet, there's going to be a conversation!
Nice weather expected here Thursday and Friday, and I should be able to get tabs mailed to me by then, so I'll be riding to work!  :clap:
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

Cold and foggy ride in to work this morning, but the speedometer started working again!
I post waayyy too much

sav0r

I managed a nice evening ride. It cooled off nicely, now in low 80's or so, it was a perfect ride to the observatory and around some of the local twisties. The new shift lever is kick ass, I need to finish the foot pad, I just bolted a piece of junk on there to allow me to ride. But the action is really nice and the feel is great as a result. Of course the petcock is dripping now, I tossed a new seal in it, but it still drips. I'm thinking the wave spring might be crushed.

Of course my wife's car is acting up, it the blower runs slow and the radio is intermittent. When you rev it up, all is fine. Some sort of charging issue I assume, not quite sure where to start. The alternator is new as of a year ago. But it looks like I'll be playing with it instead of motorcycles for the near future.

www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

NoRiders

I'd pull the fuses and clean contacts...sounds like a potentially bad contact issue...engine block to earth could be looked at too.

NoRiders

I hacked the side cover to fit...

Ooops..

Out came my trusty anglegrinder/cutter...

Just need the cuts cleaning up and a fresh shot of paint...good to go  :celebrate:

AAAltered

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

85RZwade

Very cool, just the right amount of gold anodizing!
I post waayyy too much