Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

UFO??

Started by JB Weld, June 02, 2020, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerclam

Looks nice . still count on cutting the slide as wll as the ufo piece 1 to 2 mm or it will be very rich on the bottom and reduce pilot size
Rich

m in sc

i thought about that. my pj34's ont he lightweight have a (factory) notch in the slide, very small, for the same reason. if that's the case, i'll emulate that on my mill with a 1/16"" endmill if i have to. i'll try it as is at 1st and go from there though. thanks for the info, i was curious about that as well.

edgefinder

Great work guys! I love it when you can make more power burning fuel better.

I've got a 75 400 triple, stock with Jemco pipes. Want to gradually raise port timing and cut heads, have 3 sets to work with. Are my stock 26mm carbs adequate before I take time to put UFO's in or should I start with 28s?

racerclam

26mm carbs toooo small to make good power. You could give me a call and we could discuss your project further if you like . Check out my web site richstaylordporting.com   702-858-9177

Rich

1976RD400C

Here's another pic of the Niche slide showing how steep it is.

20200608-144847" border="0
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

m in sc

26's on a 400 triple are good. I put down almost 60hp at rear wheel on a non ported 350 triple with 26mm s3 carbs & denco chambers. If you want to add reeds, that's a different story IMHO. 

racerclam

sure 26 is good as on a banshee but not ultimate , it depends on what someone my want to achieve . A tripple Kohler 440 I did all the work on made 126 hp and 98 lbs of torque with 38s and one the bigest snowmobile vintage flat track race in the country . And his 34 twin made 92 hp . Its all about what you want .

m in sc

yeah, but we're talking about a street ridden S3-400 kawi with the most dismal transfer port layout you can imagine.   apples and oranges here methinks.

racerclam

Your right but still more can be had while maintaining rideability. Cool thing about the venturi dividers in carbs is that you can run bigger carbs since laminar flow is achieved in stages so velocity stays high . Bigger carbs behave small but make more power at the same time . 32mm is not out of the question here .

Rich

rodneya

Always been skeptical about the venture divider type mods, especially when they are marketed like this.

racerclam

Power now ! Does have some benefit but not much . It does nothing to create laminat air flow . And what happens after the air passes the slide? It expands again Blah!!  I can connect anyone here to my actual customers ( they dont mind ) if you want to hear haw well 6 divider work. Just call me and I will hook you up to some if you like . 702-858-9177

Rich

racerclam

Here is another carb I just finished and mailed off today .  Has intelajet also , a great mod

racerclam

one at a time

JB Weld

Very pleased with the info coming out of this thread.  :clap:Didn't imagine it going this far. Someday after I get mine tuned without, maybe I'll give them a try.

85RZwade

:agree:, some fascinating information here. Obviously there are some gimmicks out there, but there are apparently some things that may look weird, but offer real benefits. Cool stuff.
I post waayyy too much