Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

1975 RD350B

Started by 85RZwade, May 17, 2021, 01:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

Does the board allow a new project to be started and documented before the last one is finished? Asking for a friend...
Tank from Striker1423 (not his real name) in place, Motolana swingarm due any day (Thai post website is all white characters on a white background, so who knows? It'll be here when it gets here) and massaged  cylinders and heads coming back from Mr. Ritter this week. Talking with Mr. Garland about rebuilding the crankshaft, and beating the bushes for an RD400 transmission. Getting excited about this, but I will finish the Elsie also; scout's honor (yes, I was a [cub] scout).
I post waayyy too much

soonerbillz

Yer a busy boy..
But I feel ya!

m in sc

ive had like 3 going at one time. lol.

Jspooner

Quote from: 85RZwade on May 17, 2021, 01:35:23 AM
Does the board allow a new project to be started and documented before the last one is finished? Asking for a friend...
Tank from Striker1423 (not his real name) in place, Motolana swingarm due any day (Thai post website is all white characters on a white background, so who knows? It'll be here when it gets here) and massaged  cylinders and heads coming back from Mr. Ritter this week. Talking with Mr. Garland about rebuilding the crankshaft, and beating the bushes for an RD400 transmission. Getting excited about this, but I will finish the Elsie also; scout's honor (yes, I was a [cub] scout).

The real question is, does your wife allow it 😜. Or if she's like mine she never really knows how many projects are being worked on. Then all of a sudden one day a bike appears in the garage and she asks "where'd that come from" 😜 That's when I say " I've had that for years, I just finally put it together and got it running"  End of story. 😜
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

Striker1423

Now Joe, there's many things I need to learn as a newly engaged man... So I'm debating on noting this one for the memory banks or not...

I vote better not. She works in HR. I'll be reported to upper level management if I do.   :haw:

Jspooner

When I built my TZ replica it was mocked up in my garage for about 4 years in several different iterations while I collected, bought, and built parts for it. Towards the end of the  fourth year the mock up was pretty much a complete motorcycle. In the fall of that year my wife and kids that were still home at the time went on vacation for a week. When they got home it was (almost) a ridable motorcycle. 😁 One day my wife asked where that came from. I simply answered "I've had that for 4 years, its been sitting right there the last four years ". 😁
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

pdxjim

Number of projects isn't the issue in my house, but since she does the books, she sees how much I spend.

Good thing about having Garrett so close is I can avoid the paper trail by paying him in cash. :whoop: :whoop:
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

pidjones

It's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

85RZwade

As long as I'm spending my money it's all good. I fix up and sell riding mowers to finance my motorcycling, and it's a high-demand year because new mowers are in short supply. Sell a mower, buy a swingarm. Sell a mower, have cylinders ported...rinse and repeat.
I like Joe's approach; are you taking notes, Striker?
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

The swingarm took a long time, and I had started to worry...then a box showed up with labels I couldn't read!

I agonized over the finish choices, but went with the black. It might influence the colors and finishes going forward with this build.

Somewhere in Thailand, there is a welder with mad skills.

Loving the details! Shock bolts with countersunk heads included, as is a hollow axle. Can't wait to get it home and test fit it in the frame. Supposed to be 72 and sunny today, so the RZ is poised and ready, but if I drove the truck...
I post waayyy too much

2steve

One fine work of welding art.
That's going to elevate your entire build.

pdxjim

That looks fantastic Wade!
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

Kinda does put some pressure on me to meet that level of excellence from here on, doesn't it? Thanks, it keeps making me smile!
I post waayyy too much

Striker1423

Is that for an RD350? Ooooo Me likey.

I wonder about mine now. Since I need a new swingarm anyway.

m in sc

ive seen a few in silver, never black. thats sweet.