News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

1975 RD350B

Started by 85RZwade, May 17, 2021, 01:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

Yeah, 5/8=15.88mm. But I will check out that site!
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

It's like Christmas already! Picked up some goodies this morning:

Bushings for the GSX-R forks and Yamaha neutral switch O-rings

OEM Suzuki manual for $17, so I put the forks together correctly

The timing set from DesmoDrew. Just lovely. I love wooden boxes!

So tiny...
And the Lomas pipes should arrive Tuesday, same day I hope to sell the DGs (got a buyer from my Craigslist ad already!)
I post waayyy too much

Kawtriplefreak

pidjones

Eventually, the parts reach critical mass, the one that you have waited for to trigger assembly. Then, magic happens!
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

85RZwade

Man, I am so ready for that! My goal is to be riding this bike this spring
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

:clap: delivered the DGs to their new owner today; we met before, at the 2020 Angry Bees ride. JLs are 44% paid for!
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

85RZwade

Not anymore!  :love eyes:
They are really fat and I love them.
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

Striker1423

85RZwade

Thank you, I'm really pleased with them. Downside: barrels aren't painted yet, bottom end isn't in the frame, so I can't run out to the barn and mock them in place! It's 37 degrees and dropping, but I'd do it anyway!  :toot:

Gotta buy some Mop'N'Glow tomorrow!

4 coats on and hanging in a nice, warm bedroom.

Here's the Motolana 'arm in place:

Yes, the spacers are brass and yes, I know brass is heavy...and it's the material I had on hand and the ID was just right. All I had to do was cut it to length and turn the OD.

'Arm and wheel mocked in place.

A set of Spec II rearsets I have; they're kind of clunky and I have mixed feelings about them. I was going to slip them in place, but the installation instructions SEEM to indicate drilling out the threaded captive nut on the backside of the frame. I don't love the idea.

Assuming you can read the instructions above, am I interpreting it correctly regarding the drilling?
I post waayyy too much

Striker1423

I'll stand on my head and read through those instructions quick lol. (Use the FlipThis Extension on Google Chrome and it literally will only flip what you ask it to. Worked like a charm here.)

Drill top bolt hole to 25/64's... Well, sounds like you'd be drilling the hole and hence the nut bigger. Yes.

Also, good looking tank. Looks oddly familiar :D

85RZwade

Well, aren't I clever, uploading a picture to my hosting site and then here without noticing it was upside-down? Thanks Striker, I now have that nice extension loaded and can rotate pictures for my viewing pleasure...but I haven't figured out how to fix my post. You've answered my question, so I'm not motivated to worry about it!
I don't want to take the threads out of the frame bracket, so... I think I'll screw a big long 'ol bolt into that hole and see if my knees like that location for pegs.
It IS a nice-lookin' tank, isn't it? Almost too nice to repaint. Almost. :devil:
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

rdshaw is transforming an RD with biblical speed...meanwhile, back a my ranch I'm screwing the pooch left and right. So impressed with myself for sussing the bearing spacer for the TDR/FZR/FZ rear wheel, then ordered FZR wheel bearings with 17mm ID...and the OD is too big for the TDR hub. Of course. Yamaha spec'd bigger bearings for the FZR wheel with its 17mm axle than it did for the TDR with its 15mm axle. As Mr. Know-it-All would have said: I truly should have known.
Then, I confidently found an aluminum 520 conversion rear sprocket for the CBR wheel destined for my RZ, and it arrived with one stud hole too few.  :sad: Don't know yet what went sideways there, but it was probably me.

Update: we is met the enemy, and they is us. I returned to the sprocket catalog and discovered my error; I turned a 0 into a 1 and ordered a very nice sprocket to fit various Honda sport quads and the ATC250R. The sprocket I was after is only offered with 43 teeth, which might still work with a smaller countershaft sprocket. Anybody have an ATC250R...?
I post waayyy too much