Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

Thanks Gil. The 500 badges are misleading on purpose. It is a late 71 bottom end with 72 cylinders, H2 750 engine in a 76 KH500 frame.

1976RD400C

New fancy rearsets. Everything is adjustable, up, down, forward, rearward, petal length, petal leverage. The master cylinder seems to work good. Ball bearings on the petal pivots. Haven't tried them yet, next week when I get the motor going again.

pegs1" border="0
pegs2" border="0
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

Kawtriplefreak

Kawtriplefreak

After my 19 year old CRG bar end mirror glass departed the aircraft uncommanded and shattered in the road I replaced it with a cheap Chinese bar end.

I will likely order a replacement glass as they are still available from CRG.

It was a bit odd to install as you have to hold all the pieces together while tightening the part that goes up against the inside of the bar and slide it in just shy of it being too big to go into the bar and then continue to tighten. There was no screw to turn you turn the whole stem. Eventually I figured it out.

m in sc

Ohhh its one of THOSE bar ends. i thought tit was a different type from the text you sent. yeah those can be fussy.

AAAltered

Flogged her good on Thanksgiving Day.  This bike LOVES cold air.  It proceeded to spit gas on the garage floor when I parked it...

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

busa1300

The RZV is up on the table for some exploratory surgery

RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

85RZwade

"Exploratory surgery" never sounds good! I hope it's nothing more serious than a missing sparking bolt.
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

nothing terribly exciting, resurfaced bowls on t500.. they were indeed a bit warped,  drilled screw holes out to 4.5mm (lets bowl align a bit better))and chamfered edges of holes. also added a double gasket as they would seep a bit when on sidestand.. super annoying leaving that brown fuel stain.  cleaned up intake hardware to stainless studs as well. just.. maintenance.

AAAltered

Layed up the R5 in the shed to make way for the.....snowblower in the garage.  It did remind me though that it's leaking fuel when the petcock is on.  Petcock, floats, dunno and won't until spring.

1971 R5
1976 RD200

dgorms

AAA, I think I would winter that one up in my spare bedroom!
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

AAAltered

Yea that's not happening.  At least the bikes in the shed are covered and mouse baits set. 
Beside the snowblower I need room to work on the RD200 in the garage.  More on that when I bring it in...

1971 R5
1976 RD200

AAAltered

Swapped the RD200 into the shed and pulled the R5 into the garage to make some fixes.

1) Tach is making a new noise.
2) Gas leaking which of course means repaint the chambers but that's ok.  Found the bowl nut on the left side less than finger tight lol and that was the leak.  Good thing my wife likes the smell of gasoline.
3) Pulled pipes off for stripping and repaint.
4) Scheduled a gear oil change while the pipes are off.
5) Chance for a good cleaning of the underside, it's pretty greasy under there.
6) Fixed a throttle problem, the grip had crept over and was binding a bit on the housing.  Grips feel pretty gross and sticky, they are a few years old so I'll be looking at options.

You guys south of me riding this week got me motivated to get maintenance done.
1971 R5
1976 RD200