News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

It wasn't so much "to" as "for" my two-stroke. Since I don't have enough to keep me occupied in my spare (?) time, I am upgrading or at least changing the wheels and suspension of my RZ350, this:

I am adding this:

And the wheels, front brakes and forks from this:

Anyway, I took the rear wheel off of the CBR this morning to get a better idea of just what a debacle I've taken on and found this little arrangement:

How many different dampers do you see in there? I see three...WTF.
I post waayyy too much

rodneya

Rode it. Little chilly, but its been a while

85RZwade

Brought home goodies: sprockets for the RZ getting the CBR wheels and suspension, fork seals & bushings for the CBR forks and caliper kits for same.
Planning a fork rebuild party in the near future: the GSX-R forks for the RD, the CBR forks for the RZ and a buddy's FZ-1 forks. By the 3rd set I should be good at it. I think I forgot to order a 41mm seal driver... :omg:
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

tried to achieve some level of organization. It was getting to be too much good stuff, so I bought some new totes and started filling them with model-specific bits: RD, LC and RZ. Gotta keep 'em separated.
I post waayyy too much

AAAltered

Got two garage days this week.

*HAD* to sort stuff for spring startups before the Guzzi arrived and sidetracked me.
- Drained fuel from both two strokes.  Replaced with fresh 93.
- Charged both
- Washed 200, the cover was off for some time this winter in the shed and it was pretty dirty.
- Like a Swiss watch, the 200 just works.
- Changed R5 fork oil due to uncertainty of level after a leak.
- Disassembled R5 carbs to sort out leaky float needle (again).  Took Marks advice and used the clips to hold it in place on the float arms.  Found one wildly out of the 15mm spec.  Seems good now, no current overflow.
- R5 only running on one cylinder after carby work.
- disassembled RS carb.  Nothing really wrong, reinstalled.
- cleaned oily Irridium, trying to save $20.  Of course bike running good now, ie "no trouble found" after an hour of fiddling.
- Still have low speed surge problem, will mess with air screws one of these days.
- Need to repolish some aluminum after using wrong cleaner on it last fall.
- then I fully detailed new Guzzi, polished aluminum rims, waxed paint, cleaned chrome....

The 200 is looking especially sharp after cleaning...

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

pidjones

A new shifter rubber came in and I mounted  it. Real excitement in these hills!
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

AAAltered

Ran both bikes prior to loading up for the Gap.

Made a packing pile in the garage.

Leaving Saturday morning...
1971 R5
1976 RD200

Kawtriplefreak

Still cleaning on mine. Had to stop Gap Prep to rush my wife's Corgi to the vet with some kind of stomach ailment.   :bang: :bang:

AAAltered

Loaded them into the truck for the Gap trip...

1971 R5
1976 RD200

pidjones

Took the 400c to Sevierville for the Possum Gathering show. Pretty good turn-out for Friday. Hope we get a huge crowd tomorrow.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

busa1300

Rejetted my RGV250SP for my dyno day that is coming up.
Wouldn't pull full throttle, so I dropped main jet sizes from 270/280, to 260/270 and pulls full throttle strong all the way to 12,000

Feel better than the Lectrons ever did.

RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

pdxjim

Spent a bit of time with my TDR this weekend.

Replaced the nose fairing and windscreen, and did a spring carb cleaning.

I rode it about a month ago for our annual "Alley Sweeper" ride, and boy it ran like shit.  I pulled the carbs off and ran eveything thru the ultrasonic, cleaned the air filter foam, etc.  I did a Zeel CDI last year, and leaned the jetting a bit, and HOLY SHIT ... I forgot how hard this thing rips.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

dgorms

Went for a thrash on the 250!
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

pdxjim

Thanked the mailman for delivering these:

Now just gotta wait for the painter to call, and in the meantime convince the family financial planner that spending $900 for paint on a bike I'm just gonna turn around and sell is a good idea 🤣