News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Hydraulic clutch conversion

Started by Striker1423, July 23, 2020, 12:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

I've seen pictures. I've read stories... but I've yet to see it. Anyone care to explain the intricacies of such a job?  You'd think someone would have CNC'd a bolt on conversion kit that replaces the stock cover and clutch ball setup.

Now I really want to learn CAD better. Would be  :bacon:

m in sc

i quite smoking years ago. thats how old this pic is. lol.

still on there but with stainless line. this was earlier this year.

was a ducati slave, aprilia? master, is a direct bolt on./ had to make rod extension. thats about it.

as luck would have it, i hate the plate i made, and plan on machining a cosmetically better one. i'll pass on the info when i do it. will be sooner than later.  did all this by hand, didn't use cad at all. and i'm proficient in acad, sw, etc.

Striker1423

Oh that's bacon for sure. I look forward to the next rendition.

m in sc

i'll make the plate and take pics and share dimensions. will be basic bridgeport work.

RDryan

That would be sweet, wish I had access to a bridgeport. Loving the stock unit on my Superduke. Incidently where the clutch cable connects to that springy pusher that one can adjust on the side cover I wasn't able to loosen budge the nut bolt as I recall, just totally frozen even after soaking it with wd40. In my case I think it would be less hassle to get another cover to mess with it, yeah my only adjustments as of now for cable slack is at the perch :whistle:

m in sc

IF the cnc mill we had here  still was online id make a batch, but its not. that ridge on the cover is the MF

watch this space. might be a month or a week.

RDryan

teazer

I like that idea.

Instead of making the adapter plate as a bridge to get over the ridge in the side cover, would it be easier to mill a flat through that ridge?  Might be six of one and half dozen of the other, but a flat surface might be simpler and stiffer.

m in sc

covers not flat and its thin there. the ridge is flat(ter) though. and, it doesn't trash the cover. ;)  I did an earlier one with a nighthawk master and slave, and milled the cover. didnt really like it. still have it languishing somewhere, i think, maybe.

oxford

Quote from: m in sc on July 23, 2020, 02:58:20 PM
IF the cnc mill we had here  still was online id make a batch, but its not. that ridge on the cover is the MF

watch this space. might be a month or a week.

If there is some interest for this, I wouldn't be opposed to doing a batch of plates. 

Czakky

Depending on price I might be in.

m in sc

let me make one and i'll share the info ox.

Striker1423

Yea I'd be down for one for sure. If I'm gonna tinker, I'm gonna tinker right lol.

Jspooner

Someone needs to explain why they need a hydraulic clutch on an RD.  :help: :umm:
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

m in sc

wanted it. def has a better feel to me, on that bike.  :twocents: