News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAAltered

Cleaned, polished, painted and installed the missing clutch adjuster cap that fell off on the road last summer....only used 400 to polish so it doesn't match yet, but something ticked off the list...(Thanks D...)

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

AAAltered

Carbies off, ready for full disassembly and new brass.  I'll probably start a thread with the complete correct R5 parts needed for the job....I have one leaky float needle, and if I recall mismatched main needles, got to examine everything and order the parts as needed.

1971 R5
1976 RD200

AAAltered

Ordered all new Mikuni guts from Economy! Needle jets, jet needles, Viton float valves, top and bottom gaskets, new main and pilot jets, new fuel filters....

Forum member has my carb bodies and brass and has vapor blasted them to beautiful.

Fixed fork leak and Changed fork oil!   It's a slow winter in NJ.
1971 R5
1976 RD200

TNWillie

Freed up the stuck pistons of my GT750 over the weekend. No easy task in itself. Then, I thought I'd push my luck and try to pull the cylinder block. Ha!  It took awhile and a lot of levering and shimming with strips of wood but I succeeded! Next up is to ship it out for Nicasil plating.

pdxjim

Played with the LC jetting some more.

Got the #55 pilots in.  Ran it a bit with the airscrews at 1.5 out.

Then I wound the airscrews in to .5 out. Pulled off the line a bit better, but chugged and four stroked on the needles, so dropped the needles to #3 position.

That was Friday.

Rode my KTM in the snowy woods Saturday.  Was rainy soggy muddy down low, with about a foot of snow up higher.  Despite what you may think, dirtbikes suck in the snow.  Was a great day all around.  Did three loops, for about 25 miles total.

Rode the LC across the street (literally) to the gas station, then around the neighborhood a bit. 

Still a bit fourstrokey on the needles.  Will open the airscrews a bit and see if that helps.

Upcoming weather not looking positive for motorcycless the next two weeks.  Highs in the 30's and lows in the 20's with snow in town.

Should be some good pow days up on the hill, tho.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Djg8493

I concur with the concept dirtbikes are not great in the snow.  Especially the 90cc versions 8)  Playing snowball tag in the back yard yesterday..
1970 R5, 1975 Rd350, 1978 GT80, 1979 KZ400, 1988 Ysr50, 1990 GSXR750, 2006 WR450 SM, 2006 R6

sav0r

I always spent the winter crashing my MotoX bikes in the snow. Great upper body training.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

Kawtriplefreak

Re-arranged the oil tank vent line so I could fight the air filters easier on the TM conversion on the RD and had to quit to get ready for work. I am about 20 minutes from the 1st road test beginning of the jetting runs.

soonerbillz

Just been acquiring parts and stuff.. no real work unfortunately.

pidjones

"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

85RZwade

Had a very nice phone conversation with Mr. Ritter about sending him my RD cylinders, picked up two knobbies for the dirt bike fleet and received some new tire mounting tools in a the mail.
I post waayyy too much

Seizer

New Galfer front brake pads and mounted my steering dampener. No more twitchy front end!

patastinky

1975 RD350 (under construction)