(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

My junk R5

Started by soonerbillz, December 22, 2019, 01:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

Squish set..

teazer

Those ports are beautiful.  It is seriously hard to get the rear transfers right.  Looks like JR did a really nice job.

soonerbillz

Quote from: teazer on August 14, 2021, 05:36:21 PM
Those ports are beautiful.  It is seriously hard to get the rear transfers right.  Looks like JR did a really nice job.

soonerbillz

Other side...

soonerbillz

So I'm getting my frame sorted..
Looking over the seat mounts on one frame .. I notice the mounts are nor the same. One looks straight off the frame, the front mount looks like its headed uphill.
Is this right or is one tweaked?

soonerbillz

Also.. how wide is the tang on the headstock? And does it go over the lower bearing race?
I have to replace it.. and need to know .

pidjones

It would take a hard hit to knock that fork stop off the headstock. Better check the frame is not tweaked.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

soonerbillz

Quote from: pidjones on August 24, 2021, 10:02:55 AM
It would take a hard hit to knock that fork stop off the headstock. Better check the frame is not tweaked.

I thought that too.. but the frame seems not so. I did some measurements off the headstock.

RDFL

m in sc

as shown, its the same width as the tabs that stick out. ive replaced them before, used 1/4" thick stock.

soonerbillz

Thanks all.. got the frame tab squared away.. well I will next week after I get my 220v finished in the shop.
But here is my conundrum:
I have 2 frames .. a title but butchered as in the po cut all the tabs off this frame.  Seat, battery, oil tank and a few others.
My other is complete except that broken fork stop.. and no title or even a bill of sale.. if you remember I pulled this from a closed salvage.
What to do?? what to do..

soonerbillz

So here is my solution..
I won't be using the butchered frame for street use.. so I removed the head stock numbers and restamped them for my good title.
Not the most kosher way.. but in this situation..I think its fine.
After I get the tab fixed..the frame blasted and painted I'll take the out of state title and the frame to the police and have them inspect it..
Then get a clean new title.
If they lock me up I'll only have you guys to thank😁

teazer

Quote from: soonerbillz on August 26, 2021, 06:08:54 PM
So here is my solution..
I won't be using the butchered frame for street use.. so I made sure that the number on the headstock matches the title.

Fixed it for you, but smooth down the grinding marks from where you were "cleaning up, the OEM welds"....

dgorms

Bill, I'll post bail............................D
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

soonerbillz

I have both a good set of yds7 & r5 cases.
So it's pretty simple to choose the r5 set for my build.