Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seizer

Just curious but what engines are the competition using? That's a really neat car btw and I love seeing racing passed down through the generations. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sav0r

For this era of car the Water Buffalo was a popular choice. Saabs were also popular, but there were a number of other engines used as well. In the "D" sports racer category the maximum displacement was 850cc, at least if you wanted to run with an NO minimum weight. You could run as high as 1300cc, but there was a minimum weight, I forget what that number is. The car originally was well under 1000lbs with driver and fuel, but with modern safety equipment it has gained some weight.

Rules changes and changing technology changed the landscape quickly though. Today the class has been morphed into a slightly different formula, but bike engines still rule the roost.

The car drew a lot of attention, we almost needed a velvet rope around the thing. We probably let 50 kids sit in it, it was a good time despite the 95 degree heat.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

m in sc

we need a standalone thread for this car methinks.

:clap:

teazer

sav0r

What section seems most appropriate for me to start it?

m in sc

Id say haus of projects. i'll make it sticky so it can be updated, post vids, etc. lots of interest in that unique item.   :cheerleader:

pdxjim

Whoa lotsa hard targets (lampposts, curbs, etc ...)on that track.

Is that on public streets?
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

sav0r

Quote from: pdxjim on July 22, 2019, 03:29:07 PM
Whoa lotsa hard targets (lampposts, curbs, etc ...)on that track.

Is that on public streets?

Yes, it uses the streets inside a park in the city of Pittsburgh. A large part of the course is lined by a golf course, can be seen drive left about half way through the video. There are a number of tall stone walls, trees, etc.. Thousands of spectators come to watch the races. Crashes, as you might imagine, can be very serious and several have died. For the most part though, people treat the weekend as an exhibition and drive within their means. The track is to be taken seriously, but it's a major thrill when driven at the limit. I hold a lap record there in one class.

Redbird

Quote from: sav0r on July 22, 2019, 12:48:09 PM
We made it out. The only 2t in the event. We had a bunch of troubles, mostly brake related. The video is of my best lap, which was not a good lap by an standard, but the car does run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH5OCOBPmZg&t=2s

My father, me, and my son. 75 plus years of racing experience, we will see if my son wants to join in some day.

That's just Awesome right there.
Years ago we had a ton of fun running SCCA Solo2 events. So much so that we built a C-Prepared Z28 and started running Solo1.
Been getting the itch to build another car and get back into it. Thanks for the nudge ;)
"When you're Dead, you don't know that you're Dead. It's only difficult for Others.
It's the same when you're Stupid"

Organicjedi

Put on about 100mi to Road America and back. Beautiful day. Lots of great twisties. Showed the bike, watched some AHRMA racing, hung out in the paddocks and met a legend, Mr. Tony Doukas himself.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

pdxjim

^ Rad!

I washed my KTM and Mosko Moto luggage, and almost painted my LC sidecovers.

But ran out of time, so didn't.

Maybe,

tomorrow.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Tuck

Swapped out tail light and turn signal bulbs for LED's.
Nice upgrade, don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Clem

Quote from: Organicjedi on July 27, 2019, 09:41:33 PM
Put on about 100mi to Road America and back. Beautiful day. Lots of great twisties. Showed the bike, watched some AHRMA racing, hung out in the paddocks and met a legend, Mr. Tony Doukas himself.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I met Tony at NOLA for the vintage races, he's a very cool dude and willing to talk about bikes to anyone.

pdxjim

Nothing!

But, I did prep a borrowed Honda 919 for our yearly Gold Rush Ride out to eastern Oregon.

Lots of deferred maintenance on this old klunker, so I ... adjusted and lubed the chain, adjusted the clutch, pumped up the tires to 30/32, installed a Battery Tender dongle and handlebar bag (fanny pack) so I can charge my phone and listen to tunes while I ride, installed my Mosko Moto DS saddlebags ... etc.

While doing all this, I noticed the clutch cable is frayed and down to only a few strands at the lever.  I'll call around for a new cable tomorrow, but of course it's doubtful anyone will have one in stock.

I'll probably chance it.  Only about 750 miles an most of it is 2 lane highway.  Only time I gotta use the clutch is starting and stopping  :whistle: