Started by m in sc, September 04, 2019, 11:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

Evans Ward

1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Organicjedi

That's going to turn some heads. It's going to need one of your no cam no valve stickers.  :clap:

m in sc

Quote from: Organicjedi on November 03, 2019, 10:49:34 PM
It's going to need one of your no cam no valve stickers.  :clap:

heh, was just looking at the nunja build pics the other day. man, my welding was shit on that in some spots.  :dawg: strong but UGLY.  :eek:

I might have to get some made up, in 'Honda' font. Also, apparently its been dubbed the 'gromzuki'

As a slight update,t he exhaust is completed, done, painted. so, on to the lower engine torque mount, then the actual engine build.  :cheerleader:

m in sc

Bit of an update. All the fab work is complete, and i finally got the lower end together. One thing that annoyed me was the lack of a neutral light. There was a casting recess for it, so i utilized that, and made one out of delrin ont he lathe in the least impactful way i could. Used an M4 bolt, threaded offset into the delrin end that went into the motor, and passed thru the case and outer delrin disc after i drilled the 6mm hole.  used case sealant on the hole and both sides to seal it up. Used the stock grom pin and spring from the shift drum as the contact. hole was already in the suzuki drum for it. :devil:

I got the undertray back in, wiring routed, and the check engine light disabled. I will be using the stock harness and aftermarket but 'stock style' ecu (with no rev limiter). to get the timing right, i mounted a zeeltronic box from Economy Cycle. I need to advance the pickup so i can get a baseline to program a curve.

at ti spoint its just a bit of wiring and assembly, all the really hard work is done as far as installation, then i need to pretty up the radiators and mount and plumb them, should be pretty easy.

Kickstart is modded and clears pegs as well.

Nice thing is, i can tilt the motor 'forward' to work on if i just use the back mount to hold it. the lower and front mounts are removable. , the lower can actually just pivot down.

few pics.  after i did all this, i took trans back out cleaned it all out with brake clean, blew out with air and reassembled.

clunky vid of n light working.

http://www.2strokeworld.net/wp-content/uploads/GROM/250-conversion/motor-install/testing-n-switch.mp4

Kawtriplefreak

Clem

Have you checked out the small bore event at Barber? This would turn some heads there

pdxjim

Quote from: Clem on November 20, 2019, 07:14:10 PM
Have you checked out the small bore event at Barber? This would turn some heads there

My buds from Scooter Swapshop head out there every year.  Tons of insane 2Ts. 👍
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

Ive heard of it, prob be fun w that and the g3.

m in sc

Pretty much sorted out on the wiring front.

Kawtriplefreak

OnlyCrimnson

pdxjim

Is that rust (looking) spinny weighty looking thing above the rotor the counterbalance?

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

yes, thats one half of it. the shaft goes through the motor and there's another weight on the other side as well, with a spring cushed gear to the primary drive.

slight update, was in fla the past 4 days came back last night to plan the final assembly of this.... and relaised i left a bearing retainer out of the case. DOH! look slike i'll have to pull it apart one last time. the retainer was in with the balancer parts but is for the main input bearing for the trans. glad i caught it and was looking over the diagram in the repair manual (which is how i realised it wasn't in there)  :bang: at least i didn't get it completely together yet.

rodneya

Somebody else had a similar idea. Looks sweet

The welder at Tyga who made that exhaust is an artist