Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron_Viking

I am currently a mechanic at a friends shop. A few days ago I interviewed with a boiler company for a project controls role (have 16 years of industrial construction experience) and I have not told my buddy/boss. I won't tell him until it's too late.
He's been fucking up lately and doing stupid shit. Today I decided that I am taking EVERYTHING I have at the shop I am currently working on that relates to my cafe racer build and am taking it home and putting it in the garage to work on there, instead of at the shop. I intend to also remove all of my tools and equipment I have at the shop in the next few days. Surprise, you should have paid me instead of shorting my checks.

People often forget that extreme things happen when people are pushed to the extreme.

85RZwade

All due respect, as I don't know the guy, but he sounds like a "friend" you're better off without  :twocents:
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

ouch. thats a bummer, sorry to hear, that stings on multiple accounts. Hopefully when he gets his shit together you can salvage the friendship.

pdxjim

Did a trackday Saturday at the local kart/supermoto track.

Brought the LC and TDR. TDR was brilliant as always, but the sloppy trans linkage made the session on the LC and the missed downshifts at the end of the front straight a truly frightening experience

Had a go on a friends KTM 690SMCR and have decided I need one in my garage.

LC for sale soon!
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

busa1300

I know what you mean about modern bike performance...
A RSV4 1100 is calling to me, which is why I got my RGV ready and sitting by the door for the delivery truck today.

RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

SoCal250

Saturday so-cal-sdr200 and I rode to the annual International Motorcycle Show, which was held outdoors at the OC Fairgrounds this year instead of the usual location at the Long Beach Convention Center. We took the opportunity to get the RD cousins together for the ride.  :whoop:

We discovered there are a lot of RD fans in So Cal! Many thumbs up and people wanting to chat at stop lights.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

pidjones

The wheels needed to come off of my RD400c to get the black paint off that some PO had put on them (poorly). I stacked 2" thck lumber on a furniture dolly and strapped the bike too the dolly with a ratchet strap, then removed the wheels. Makes the bike nice and portable for moving around to make room for a 1972 T150V that I plan to pick up tomorrow. Hope to find someone to vapor blast the wheels to remove the paint.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

busa1300

Bought more parts.... Then looked at the bikes and momentarily dreamed about what they would all look like finished. :bang:
Now waiting for the temp to get above 40 and dry things up, so I can take my RSV4 out  :drool:
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

85RZwade

Putting a 2nd coat of Mop & Glow on my JLs this morning
I post waayyy too much

rodneya

Leaned over her to grab the snow shovel to move the irritating white stuff that just wont stop.
I grew up in Africa, and for me its stupid cold here right now.

85RZwade

I grew up here in Washington, and it's stupid cold here right now. Skip the snow shovel and use a (2-stroke) leaf blower. It's really not effective, but it's more fun and smells better.
I post waayyy too much

rodneya

Quote from: 85RZwade on December 26, 2021, 11:44:50 PM
I grew up here in Washington, and it's stupid cold here right now. Skip the snow shovel and use a (2-stroke) leaf blower. It's really not effective, but it's more fun and smells better.
Tried that. My kids are 10 now, so they work better. But I have to be outside to "motivate" them

85RZwade

Ah, 10. Good age; they're still game to try stuff like shoveling snow 'cause it looks like fun. Easily distracted and not very productive, but enjoyable. Now, teenagers, on the other hand  :sad:
I post waayyy too much

soonerbillz

Inventory day today.
Going through parts for various projects and seeing what I still need.
It's overwhelming.